Finance & Commercial Manager
HealthPost is New Zealand’s leading online retailer of natural health, skincare and household products. Established as a family-business in 1988, it now employs over 95 staff, and delivers products throughout New Zealand and worldwide. With a focus on quality, integrity and sustainable business practises, HealthPost is a high-growth, ambitious business going from strength to strength.
The primary purpose of the Finance & Commercial Manager is to provide timely, accurate and meaningful financial and commercial information and advice to the CEO, Senior Management Team and the Board of Directors to support high level decision making and contribute to the strategic planning of the business. This is a newly-established Senior Management position intended to make a vital, strategic contribution to our financial performance and analysis capabilities.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Finance & Commercial Manager will be required to:
- Manage, oversee and optimise financial performance and the financial administration function
- Report on, analyse, forecast, project and make recommendations regarding financial performance
- Proactively reduce costs, increase margin and improve profitability in consultation with the CEO
- Identify, recommend, liaise and negotiate terms and agreements with business suppliers & partners
- Contribute to the Senior Management function and development and implementation of strategy
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree (or similar) majoring in accounting/finance
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, including people management
- Demonstrable impact on the overall financial performance of previous employers in previous roles
- Genuinely enthusiastic and self-motivated individual passionate about making a difference
- Astute, entrepreneurial and commercially-minded at all times – a strong instinct for commercial opportunity
- Able to view and contribute to business decisions and opportunities with a constant eye to the bottom line
- Excellent communicator, leader and relationship builder who is always positive and constructive in approach
- Thorough, methodical, analytical and process driven with strong attention to detail
- Naturally operates with a ‘continual improvement mind-set’ – always seeking to improve on the status quo
Our ideal candidate is excited at the opportunity of joining an agile, Kiwi, family-owned SME as we increasingly develop into a global business. Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in, we’re looking for someone who is motivated by improving business performance, dynamic teamwork and coming with us on a journey of growth and success together.
This position is full time based in New Lynn, Auckland.
To request a job description please email: [email protected]
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
If you're suitably qualified and enthusiastic about this opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.
Applications close Tuesday, 31 January, 2017.
Customer Services, Dispatch & Inwards Goods
We are still growing! So casual and some permanent vacancies now available in several departments, in our branch located in Collingwood, Golden Bay.
Dispatch – seeking enthusiastic, self-motivated team players who are physically fit. Shifts rostered between 6.30am and 6pm (including weekends).
Inwards Goods – seeking fit, self-motivated applicants, forklift license advantageous but not essential. Shifts are rostered between 9am and 11pm.
Customer Services – seeking applicants with strong computer skills, an ability to learn new systems quickly, and experience in providing excellent customer service.
Applicants for these positions must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
To request a job description or to send your CV, please contact [email protected]
Please download and complete the HealthPost Employment Application Form, and include it with your cv.
HealthPost Employment Application Form
We're always on the lookout for talented, hard-working people living in Golden Bay - if this is you, please feel free to send us your CV and Application Form (below) for future consideration.
Please download and complete the HealthPost Employment Application Form, and include it with your cv and cover letter.