Hi-Strength Liquid Fish Oil
- Indicated for heart health, arthritis & mental function
- Each 5ml serve supplies 1.9gm EPA & 927mg DHA
- Molecularly distilled for superior purity
- Compare our price on this quality supplement!
Support a healthy cardiovascular system.
Help to maintain normal healthy cholesterol levels in healthy people.
Support healthy cognitive function.
Why take fish oil for Arthritis?
A great deal of research has emerged on the benefits of omega-3 essential fatty acids in a wide range of health conditions, especially arthritis.
It is interesting to know that our bodies can't make their own essential fatty acids and therefore these must be obtained from the diet.
Although some vegetable and seed oils can be a source of essential fatty acids, humans don't convert these to omega-3's very well. For this reason, it is difficult to obtain therapeutic amounts of omega-3's from vegetable oils. Fish oils however, are a source of pre-formed omega-3 essential fatty acids so all the hard work has already been done!
This is why, when treating conditions such as arthritis, where therapeutic amounts of omega-3 essential fats are required for a therapeutic effect, fish oil is by far the easiest way of obtaining these high doses of omega-3's.
So How Much Omega-3 Do You Need For Arthritis?
Research suggests the dose needed to reduce the joint inflammation associated with arthritis1 is 2.7 grams of omega-3 (EPA and/or DHA). You would need to eat 1.23 kg of snapper, or 1.1 kg of tuna, or take nine standard2 fish oil capsules every day to get the required dose.
- Supports a healthy cardiovascular system
- Supports central nervous system activity
- Supports normal brain development, maintenance and function before birth
- Supports healthy cognitive function in adults and children
- Helping to support and manage a healthy mood
- Helping to maintain healthy triglyceride and cholesterol levels
Suitable for use in pregnancy, breastfeeding and in children
- Mix into yoghurt or stewed / pureed fruit
- Pour into a shot size of fruit juice to dilute the flavor and consistency
- Stir into a morning fruit smoothie or protein shake after blending (it is important to avoid blending the fish oil as it may be damaged by mechanical force)
- Have a small serve of fruit juice (like orange juice) after taking the fish oil to cleanse the palate
- Omega-3 fats have not been studied in all forms of arthritis
- Standard Fish Oil capsule equates to 1000 mg Fish Oil - natural; providing 180 mg EPA and 120 mg DHA
- One metric teaspoon is equivalent to one measuring cap
- Arthritis Australia is an independent organisation and does not endorse any particular brand of fish oil.
Each 5mL Contains:
- Maintaining Normal Healthy Cholesterol levels
- Healthy Cognitive Function
- Cardiovascular health
2-5 years -Take 1.25 mL (¼ metric teaspoon) daily
6-12 years -Take 2.5 mL (by measuring cap) daily
Note: Customer reviews reflect individual experiences and may not be typical. Individual results may vary.
Customer: Lynda 23 May 2013
This product definitely helped my tennis elbow and reduced the pain.
Customer: Fiona 17 Apr 2013
I never let myself run out of this oil. Must be good for me as my hair is super shiney and it tastes great
Customer: Lois 15 Apr 2013
Can't speak highly enough of this product and quite surprisingly, I love the fruit punch flavour! My 10 year old daughter and I take this and find it works wonders for concentration and to calm one down.
Customer: Fiona 10 Mar 2013
I love this stuff ! My skiin is described by my friends as " 10 years younger "
Customer: Fi 04 Jan 2013
I love the stuff! My skin and nails are amazing , and I feel mentally sharper! Big ups to fish oil !
Customer: Taryn 12 Oct 2012
It's great to have such a small dose in a liquid fish oil, and my seven year old reports the fruit punch flavour is pretty tasty.
Customer: Jan 27 Sep 2012
We previously tried the 'Fruit Punch' flavour in our shakes every morning, but have recently purchased the mint flavour and we like it heaps better.
Customer: Timothy 08 Aug 2012
Excellent quality oil, and pleasant taste. Higher concentrations ideal for chronic conditions. Initially may seem to cost more than other products but higher concentrations of EPA and DHA per 5ml dose make it very economical.
Customer: Aimee 07 Aug 2012
My husband & I took this for about 5 weeks & we both loved the results. My skin was very clear & my husband noticed a big improvement in his short term memory recollections. I had this on it's own the first day, but didn't like it, so we just mixed it in some juice & it was easy to take. As long as you remember to take it, it's fabulous!
Customer: Caren 25 Jun 2012
Excellent. Winter colds have been kept at bay. One of our family had a cold when he began taking Hi Strength Liquid Fish Oil, it cleared up within 4 days, never developing into a full blown chest cold. I would thoroughly recommend it.
Customer: Sue 22 Jun 2012
TOTALLY recommend this product. My child, 5 1/2 is a different boy with this. More focussed and settled:)
Customer: Saph 29 May 2012
Best fish oil product available in NZ imo, I think it does have a fishy/oily taste (tried fruit punch flavour) so I don't like it straight, but I take it in a shotglass of apple juice and it's fine that way.
Customer: Toni 08 May 2012
Really pleased with the flavour (fruit punch), no fishy taste at all and left a pleasant taste in my mouth.
Customer: Andrew 26 Jul 2011
Great product, great quality and a great ratio of EPA to DHA. Taste could be better, only having the "Fruit Punch" flavour isn't great as it is very sweet, however there is no "fishy" taste as with other products.