For a classic, refreshing summer salad that will be a hit across the dinner table, you can’t go past this delicious tomato salad. As we head into warmer months, our desire for fresher ingredients and lighter foods is lifted. I love summertime because of the abundance of sweet fresh tomatoes available – plus it’s always fun to find new ways to enjoy them.
Super simple and quick to make, this recipe includes Wild Dispensary’s Elderberry Switchel – a delightful combination of organic raw apple cider vinegar, wild-harvested elderberries, Otago bush honey, ginger and mānuka. This uplifting tonic brings slightly sour, yet sweet flavours that complement the dish perfectly.
- 250g tomatoes
- 1 handful fresh small basil leaves
- 2 small radishes
- 1 small red onion
- 1 teaspoon Melrose Organic Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 3 tablespoons Elderberry Switchel
- 2 pinches Amazing Herbs Ground Black Cumin Seed or black pepper
- Pickle the red onion.
- Slice tomatoes into wedges - or if using cherry tomatoes, cut in half. Arrange on a serving dish. Gently place pickled onions, thinly sliced radish, and fresh basil on top of tomatoes.
- To make the dressing combine pumpkin seed oil with switchel and drizzle over the top. Finish with ground black cumin seed and serve immediately.
Serves: 2-4 | Total time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving*
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 35
- Total Fat: 2g
- Total Carbohydrate: 5g
- Net Carbohydrate: 4g
- Protein: 1g
- Sugar: 2g