In the mood for a savoury brekkie or new post-workout snack? Combining nutty, salty and umami flavours with a satisfying crunch from activated seeds – make your tastebuds buzz with this nourishing recipe.
Whether it’s the plant protein from hemp seeds, healthy fats from almond butter and tahini, salty umami flavour from miso paste – or all the above , support thriving energy with an option made in minutes.
Slather it over warm toast or enjoy it with fresh veggie sticks (cucumber and carrot are my fav) - and you’re good to go.
How to use the ingredients in this recipe
- Your plant-based protein: Chantal Organics Organic Hemp Seeds
Skipping on meat? This protein-packed superstar is great for anyone looking to up their protein intake – not to mention, they make a nutritious addition to many meal ideas.
Add them to your favourite smoothie (or try them in one of our Superfood Summer Smoothies), sprinkle them over your go-to bowl of granola, toss through salads and soups – or even mix into baking.
- For a hit of umami: Urban Hippie Miso Paste
Your next pantry essential is here. From nourishing miso soups (try my Miso Mushroom Ramen) that soothe your soul to flavoursome marinades, veggie dressings or even sweet treats – it’s a delicious option sure to tick the box.
- For your daily dose of healthy fats: Chantal Organics Hulled Tahini and Chantal Organics Almond Nut Butter
Good for you – and your body, these spreads are a nutritious choice loaded with healthy fats to fuel your day. Aside from slathering on toast, they’re delicious in smoothies, in dips with veggie sticks or in stirfry sauces for an extra depth of flavour.
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Almond Nut Butter
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Hulled Tahini
- ¼ cup ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated
- 2 Tablespoons Chantal Organics Organic Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Chantal Organics Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Urban Hippie Miso Paste
- 1 teaspoon liquid sweetener - such as maple syrup or honey (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and mix until everything is well incorporated. Transfer to a jar and store in the refrigerator.
- Spread on to toast
- Use as a dip for veggie sticks
- Add to your next snack platter
Makes: approx. 20 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes
What's inside? Nutritional goodness per serve*
Total Fat: 6g
Total Carbohydrate: 2g
Net Carbohydrate: 1g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|