Evening Primrose Oil
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) is a yellow wildflower native to North America. Oil extracted from the seeds of Evening Primrose is a rich source of fatty acids, including some Omega 6 linoleic acid and high concentrations of gamma linolenic acid (GLA).
Healtheries Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 180 capsulesNZ$21.60
You save 22% (NZ$6.10)
SaleSwisse Ultiboost Evening Primrose Oil 200 capsules
You save 35% (NZ$15.45)
Solgar Super Starflower Oil 1300mg 30 softgelsNZ$24.90
You save 32% (NZ$11.83)
Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil + Fish Oil 100 capsulesNZ$24.90
You save 30% (NZ$10.60)
Clinicians Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 90 capsulesNZ$17.90
You save 31% (NZ$8.00)
Efamol Efamol Primrose Oil 1000mg 75 softgels, 200 softgels
You save up to NZ$24.50
GO Healthy Go Evening Primrose Oil 1,000mg 220 softgels, 90 softgels, 440 softgels
You save up to NZ$35.10
Thompson's Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 300 capsulesNZ$82.60
You save 28% (NZ$31.60)
Sanderson Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 220 capsulesNZ$26.90
You save 44% (NZ$21.00)
Nordic Naturals Omega Woman - EPO Blend 120 softgelsNZ$61.90
You save 9% (NZ$6.35)
Pro-life Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 100 capsules, 200 capsules
You save up to NZ$1.54
Nutra-Life Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 180 capsulesNZ$31.20
You save 31% (NZ$13.70)
Good Health Evening Primrose Oil 150 capsulesNZ$20.80
You save 30% (NZ$9.10)
Solgar Evening Primrose Oil 1300mg 30 softgelsNZ$12.40
You save 32% (NZ$5.71)
Efamol Efalex Softgels (Learning, Concentration & Eye Health) 220 softgels
You save up to NZ$15.30
Ethical Nutrients Hi-Strength Evening Primrose Oil 60 capsulesNZ$18.90
You save 21% (NZ$5.05)
Efamol Efalex Brain Formula Liquid 500ml
You save up to NZ$14.90
Ethical Nutrients Primrose, Fish Oil & Vitamin E 60 capsulesNZ$26.60
You save 21% (NZ$6.90)
Efamol Efamarine 75 softgels, 200 softgels
You save up to NZ$16.20
Weleda Evening Primrose Concentrate 30mlNZ$41.20
You save 17% (NZ$8.70)
Sorry, Out of StockEfamol Efalex Active Memory
Evening Primrose Oil Info
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) is a yellow wildflower native to North America. The root and leaf were traditionally used by Native Americans as both food and medicine. Oil extracted from the seeds of Evening Primrose is a rich source of fatty acids, including some Omega 6 linoleic acid and high concentrations of gamma linolenic acid (GLA).
Evening Primrose Oil Benefits
All of the following conditions may benefit from supplementation with Evening Primrose Oil. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, consult a health professional before using EPO or any health supplement.
- Heart disease, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, obesity, asthma, diabetes and related nerve damage.
- Inflammatory and auto-immune conditions such as rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis, neurodermatitis, lupus, multiple sclerosis (MS), scleroderma, alopecia, psoriasis, allergies and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Other degenerative diseases including breast cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, alcoholism, schizophrenia and osteoporosis.
- Women’s health issues such as PMS, preconception, preeclampsia, breast pain (mastalgia), fibrocystic breast disease, endometriosis and menopausal symptoms, e.g. hot flushes.
- Gastrointestinal disorders including ulcerative colitis, IBS and peptic ulcers.
- Skin disorders including eczema, acne and hives.
- Learning and behavioural disorders including dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD.
- Depression and tremors from lithium use in bipolar disorder.
- Connective tissue disorders e.g. Raynaud’s syndrome, Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Whooping cough.
- Male infertility and male pattern baldness.
Evening Primrose Oil Side Effects
- Within the recommended dosage range EPO is a safe supplement with very few adverse effects reported.
- Nausea, stomach pain and headache can occur if taken on an empty stomach and diarrhoea may occur at high dosages, indicating the need to reduce intake.
- Contraindicated for anyone with epilepsy because GLA increases the body’s prostaglandin levels, lowering the threshold for seizures.
- Contraindicated for anyone taking blood thinning drugs such as warfarin or aspirin due to the anti-clotting action of prostaglandins.
- If you take any type of medical drug it’s important to consult your health practitioner about possible drug interactions before supplementing with EPO.
I am using this oil in a smoothie for my 6 year old son morning and night and his school has commented on a noticeable calming to his ADHD behavior as have I so its definitely worth trying if you feel your child needs a bit of extra help. Highly recommended.
Willing to try long term
Using this product for my 6 year old grandson.Not sure yet of benefits but plan on long term use.He has no trouble taking this product.
Awesome!!! highly recommended.
I have started buying online products from Healthpost in the last 9months. This product is worth the time writing a review, as I want to share with others and hopefully help them to get healthier. My daughter and I are taking the capsules and its almost finished, ordering new one now for us and for my sister who lives overseas. I never felt smooth and painless period in my entire life, it definitely improved my hormonal balance. I like also that the capsules are in soft gel making it easy to take.
Good Evening, Primrose Oil
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) is a yellow wildflower native to North America. It’s not actually related to the primrose family, although the flowers appear similar. The root and leaf were traditionally used by Native Americans […]
Natural Antibiotics to Restore Gut Health and Avoid Candida Infection
What safe and effective natural antibiotics can you take instead of the harmful drugs? And what dietary supplements do you need to inhibit candida overgrowth and restore the health of your gut after taking antibiotics? […]
Please wait, processing your order...