Evening Primrose Oil
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) is a yellow wildflower native to North America. Oil extracted from the seeds of Evening Primrose is a rich source of fatty acids, including some Omega 6 linoleic acid and high concentrations of gamma linolenic acid (GLA).
Healtheries Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 180 capsulesNZ$21.60
You save 22% (NZ$6.10)
Swisse Ultiboost Evening Primrose Oil 200 capsulesNZ$29.90
You save 32% (NZ$14.05)
SaleNutra-Life Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 180 capsules
You save 45% (NZ$20.00)
GO Healthy Go Evening Primrose Oil 1,000mg 220 softgels, 90 softgels, 440 softgels
You save up to NZ$35.10
Solgar Super Starflower Oil 1300mg 30 softgelsNZ$24.90
You save 32% (NZ$11.83)
Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil + Fish Oil 100 capsulesNZ$24.90
You save 30% (NZ$10.60)
Clinicians Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 90 capsulesNZ$16.60
You save 31% (NZ$7.30)
Efamol Efamol Primrose Oil 1000mg 75 softgels, 200 softgels
You save up to NZ$24.50
Nordic Naturals Omega Woman - EPO Blend 120 softgelsNZ$53.20
You save 9% (NZ$5.40)
SaleThompson's Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 300 capsules
You save 33% (NZ$23.10)
Pro-life Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg 100 capsules, 200 capsules
You save up to NZ$1.54
Ethical Nutrients Hi-Strength Evening Primrose Oil 60 capsulesNZ$18.90
You save 21% (NZ$5.05)
Solgar Evening Primrose Oil 1300mg 30 softgelsNZ$12.40
You save 32% (NZ$5.71)
Efamol Efalex Softgels (Learning, Concentration & Eye Health) 220 softgels
You save up to NZ$15.30
Efamol Efamarine 75 softgels, 200 softgels
You save up to NZ$16.20
Efamol Efalex Brain Formula Liquid 500ml
You save up to NZ$14.90
Weleda Evening Primrose Concentrate 30mlNZ$41.20
You save 17% (NZ$8.70)
NewEthical Nutrients Primrose, Fish Oil & Vitamin E 60 capsulesNZ$26.60
You save 21% (NZ$6.90)
Efamol Efalex Active Memory 60 softgels
You save up to NZ$10.30
Evening Primrose Oil Info
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) is a yellow wildflower native to North America. The root and leaf were traditionally used by Native Americans as both food and medicine. Oil extracted from the seeds of Evening Primrose is a rich source of fatty acids, including some Omega 6 linoleic acid and high concentrations of gamma linolenic acid (GLA).
Evening Primrose Oil Benefits
All of the following conditions may benefit from supplementation with Evening Primrose Oil. If you have a pre-existing medical condition, consult a health professional before using EPO or any health supplement.
- Heart disease, hypertension, elevated cholesterol, obesity, asthma, diabetes and related nerve damage.
- Inflammatory and auto-immune conditions such as rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis, neurodermatitis, lupus, multiple sclerosis (MS), scleroderma, alopecia, psoriasis, allergies and chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Other degenerative diseases including breast cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, alcoholism, schizophrenia and osteoporosis.
- Women’s health issues such as PMS, preconception, preeclampsia, breast pain (mastalgia), fibrocystic breast disease, endometriosis and menopausal symptoms, e.g. hot flushes.
- Gastrointestinal disorders including ulcerative colitis, IBS and peptic ulcers.
- Skin disorders including eczema, acne and hives.
- Learning and behavioural disorders including dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD.
- Depression and tremors from lithium use in bipolar disorder.
- Connective tissue disorders e.g. Raynaud’s syndrome, Sjogren’s syndrome.
- Whooping cough.
- Male infertility and male pattern baldness.
Evening Primrose Oil Side Effects
- Within the recommended dosage range EPO is a safe supplement with very few adverse effects reported.
- Nausea, stomach pain and headache can occur if taken on an empty stomach and diarrhoea may occur at high dosages, indicating the need to reduce intake.
- Contraindicated for anyone with epilepsy because GLA increases the body’s prostaglandin levels, lowering the threshold for seizures.
- Contraindicated for anyone taking blood thinning drugs such as warfarin or aspirin due to the anti-clotting action of prostaglandins.
- If you take any type of medical drug it’s important to consult your health practitioner about possible drug interactions before supplementing with EPO.
having taken this for years, very good product and price competitive.
Lowest in price and fast
I've been using this product for few years, only recently found HealthPost selling it in the lowest price in the market and it only take two days to get to me.
It is a miracle worker
I have a 32 year old son that has ADHD/Autism, when he was much younger (9 years old) I used to give him Efalex until he was 16 years old.. it worked wonders with him !! He lives independently in his own apartment and works.. there are OFF days but we are now going back to retaking the Efamol to see if this will help him further... will write on his progress.. to all those parents thinking about giving Efalex to your child I would advise you to try it for 3 months.. I recommend it and I have recommended it to many families with children suffering from ADHD and it helped them as well. Good Luck
Good Evening, Primrose Oil
Evening Primrose (Oenothera biennis) is a yellow wildflower native to North America. It’s not actually related to the primrose family, although the flowers appear similar. The root and leaf were traditionally used by Native Americans […]
Natural Antibiotics to Restore Gut Health and Avoid Candida Infection
What safe and effective natural antibiotics can you take instead of the harmful drugs? And what dietary supplements do you need to inhibit candida overgrowth and restore the health of your gut after taking antibiotics? […]
Please wait, processing your order...