Bone & Joint Health
Bones and joints give our body its structure, protect vital organs, and along with the help of muscles and connective tissue, they enable movement and balance. Healthy bones and joints support an active lifestyle and fitness. Physical training and aging can place extra pressure on joints over time, explore our range of naturopath-approved Bone & Joint Health support.
Bones are what give our body its structure, altogether our bones make up our skeleton. Joining all the bones together are our joints and connective tissue. Our bones and joints together perform important functions such as:
- Protecting vital organs such as our heart, lungs, and brain.
- Enabling flexibility and movement
- Help us to stand up straight, support posture, and keep our balance
Healthy bones and joints support an active lifestyle and your fitness goals. However, extensive physical training, aging, and carrying a little extra weight can place extra pressure on joints over time.
Tips for Bone & Joint Health
The basis of healthy bones and joints consists of getting safe amounts of sunshine, eating a nutrient rich diet, and exercising regularly. Here are some specific tips for supporting strong and healthy bones, and flexible joints:
- Homemade bone broths made with chicken frames are a natural source of Collagen.
- Adding some oily fish such as mackerel, sardines, and salmon to your meals, or supplementing with a high-quality Fish Oil.
- Incorporating foods high in Antioxidants, such as fruit, vegetables, and super foods such as NZ Blackcurrant.
- Maintaining a healthy weight to take the pressure of hips, knees, and ankles.
- Weight bearing exercise strengthens bones and is especially important as we age.
- Support your digestive system so that it absorbs all your nutrients efficiently.
Nutrients for Bone Support
To support healthy bones, ensure you are enjoying plenty of protein and key nutrients, including Calcium, Magnesium, Manganese, Vitamin D3, Vitamin K, Zinc, and Boron. See our full range of Bone Support Supplements for specific blends and other phytonutrients for the whole family.
Nutrients for Joint Support
To support healthy joints, that are flexible, mobile, and comfortable, consider Collagen, Vitamin D, Magnesium, Essential Fatty Acids, Calcium, and Antioxidants. Our full range of Joint Support Supplements also includes researched botanicals and superfoods to support your joint health needs.
Supplements and products for Bone & Joint Health
We have a wide range of supplements and products to support healthy bones and joints. These come in many forms, including capsules, tablets, liquids, powders, topical creams and oils, and oral drops to name a few.
See our extensive Health Concerns library for helpful tips that you can use to support your health and wellbeing journey.