Oils for Cleaning
Did you know that you can make your own natural home cleaners? Essential Oils for Cleaning are oils that have antibacterial properties, that can be added to your homemade cleaning products to clean and deodorise your home and living spaces.
Making your own home cleaners can be a very satisfying way to make your living space more eco-friendly, and to reduce the overall toxic load in your house by cutting down the need for chemical based, conventional cleaning products.
Tips for making natural cleaning products
It can be a little overwhelming when making the switch to natural cleaning products. Most of us will start my making more conscious decisions at the supermarket, and then some will decide to give making their own products a go.
A great tip to avoid having to replace all your products at once, is to start one room at a time. The kitchen is an easy place to begin, then the bathroom, and finally the laundry.
The types of natural products that you could make are:
- All-purpose spray cleaner containing Manuka & Tea Tree Oils for their ability to wipe out bugs on surfaces.
- A dishwashing detergent using a citrus oil like orange, grapefruit, lemon, or lime to cut the grime and keep dishes spic and span.
- Hand soap using fragrant Lavender Oils for clean, soft hands that smell great.
- Clothes wash using the deodorising Eucalyptus Oil for fresh and clean clothes.
- A natural air freshener using rose geranium or lemongrass.
Once you have mastered your natural cleaning products, then you could start on your personal cleaning products such as shampoo, body wash, and toothpaste.
Essential oils for making natural products
HealthPost carries a wide range of Essential Oils and essential oil blends that can be added to your homemade creations to give them an inviting aroma. Using essential oils, you give your products like candles, massage balms, bath bombs, and perfumes a beautiful fragrance whilst enjoying aromatherapy support for your wellbeing.
Use your favourite essential oil in one of our Diffusers & Vaporisers to clear and deodorise the air in your home or workspace.