A restful good night’s sleep is essential for health and wellbeing. During this time our bodies recover, replenish, and repair from mental and physical wear and tear. Occasionally, due to a variety of reasons, we need support getting to sleep and staying asleep.
Sleeplessness can affect people at any age and can occur short term (up to three weeks) or long term (above 3–4 weeks). The quality of your sleep can impact on memory, concentration, mood, resilience, and overall wellbeing.
Sleep habits and hygiene
Simple changes to your nutrition and lifestyle can have a big impact on your sleep patterns.
- Consuming nutritious food can support energy and vitality throughout the day. To support your up and go, try our Energy Support supplements.
- Exercise and daily movement can support a good night’s rest at the end of the day.
- Meditation and mindfulness at the end of the day can support relaxation and ease a busy mind – which can support you to drift off to sleep with ease.
- Avoiding caffeine after 2pm can also support you to get to bed on time, giving you a longer, more restorative sleep, opt for caffeine-free herbal tea instead.
- Reducing screen time before bed allows your body’s natural sleep response to kick in.
- If you have returned from a long trip, have a look at our Travel & Jet Lag Support to get your sleep cycle back on track.
Remember to incorporate some sleep hygiene to support your sleep habits – see Your guide to a healthy, deep sleep for more tips.
Supplements and products for Sleep Support
- Vitamins and minerals such as Magnesium, Niacin (B3), Pyridoxine (B6), Calcium, Potassium, Zinc to support the nervous system having a flow on effect to a good night’s rest.
- Amino acids like 5HTP, L-Theanine and Glycine can support healthy mood.
- Herbal extracts such as Chamomile, Lemon Balm, Passionflower, Skullcap, Valerian, Ashwagandha, and others can be taken for healthy relaxation, sleep onset, and deep sleep.
- Pure Essential Oils like Lavender, Cedarwood, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, Jasmine, and Frankincense can be diffused in the evenings to for sleepiness, and to address wakefulness due to snoring or times when the airways need support.
- Tart Cherry is excellent for taking just before bed to support sleepiness.
- Flower essences, homeopathics, and cell salts can support the mood and sleep.
The best supplements for Sleep Support
We have a wide range of supplements and products for a good night’s sleep and General Wellness Support. Choose from options including capsules, tablets, herbal liquids, drops, massage balms and essential oils to support your body to rest and recuperate.
See our extensive Health Concerns resources for helpful tips that you can use to support your health and wellbeing journey.