The brain is a part of our nervous system and is the control centre for many of our bodies processes. A healthy brain supports the wellbeing of the whole body. Along with a nourishing diet, and hydration, you can support healthy cognitive function with brain supplements.
A healthy brain and nervous system are vital for all bodily processes and functions including digestion, breathing, blood flow, muscle function, ability to think, feel, learn, and more. There are many things we can do every day to support a healthy brain and nervous system.
Tips for supporting a healthy brain
- Enjoy a nutritious, balanced, wholefood diet. Vegetables and fruit contain phytonutrients and antioxidants that are good for our brains.
- Include omega-3 fatty acids such as oily fish, or flaxseed oil, in the diet for healthy cell membrane function and neurotransmitter transport.
- Ensure you are getting a good night’s sleep, every night to support rest and rejuvenation.
- Support brain elasticity by learning new things or engaging in problem solving games.
- Take pleasure in an active lifestyle such as outdoor activities, walking, tramping, cycling, dancing, yoga or other aerobic and weight bearing activities.
Nutrients and herbs to support brain health
- Vitamin D – supports healthy nerve cells and nervous system function.
- Vitamin B12 and Folic Acid – support mitochondrial health, and the function of all cells and processes in the body.
- Withania somnifera (Ashwaganda) – an adaptogen herb that supports memory and a healthy response to stress.
- Bacopa monnieri (Brahmi) – a herb used to support healthy cognitive function, blood flow, and memory.
- Coenzyme Q10 – is an antioxidant which supports the removal of free radicals in the brain, thereby supporting youthful brain health.
- EPA & DHA – omega 3 fatty acids support healthy brain function as well as provide support for Learning and Concentration, and Memory Support.
Supplements and products for Brain Support
We have a wide range of supplements and products to support Brain Health. These come in many forms, including capsules, tablets, liquids, powders, topical creams and oils, and oral drops to name a few.
See our extensive Health Concerns resources for helpful tips that you can use to support your health and wellbeing journey.