It’s strawberry season and they are delicious, plentiful and affordable. So why not try your hand at this no-bake raw berry tart? It’s a perfect summery sweet treat and a great way to use up leftover berries. Plus, it is so simple to make that even the kids can join in.
This healthful recipe stars antioxidant rich berries, protein rich almonds, and gelatin, which supports gut health. Use monk fruit sweetener to reduce the glycaemic load of this tart.
- 3 ½ cups ground almonds
- ¾ cup BioBalance Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons New Zealand Raw Honey Company RAW Rata Honey or 2-3 scoops Monk Fruit Sweetener
- 3 ½ cups fresh or frozen mixed berries
- 2 Tablespoons Nutra Organics Natural Gelatin
- 2 Tablespoons hot water
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup, honey or Monk Fruit Sweetener to taste
- To prepare the tart shell add all ingredients for the base into a medium bowl and using a spatula combine until a dough is formed.
- Evenly divide into 6 portions. Press dough into base of mini tart tins and also up the sides using your fingertips. Place into the fridge to set.
- Meanwhile, on low heat combine water, gelatin and sweetener in a medium pot and heat until gelatin crystals have dissolved. Blend berries in blender or food processor until smooth and liquid, combine with gelatine mix.
- Optional – if you are after a less gritty texture that naturally occurs from the berry seeds you can strain the mixture through a fine sieve before combining it with the gelatin.
- Pour berry filling into chilled tart shells, arrange fresh berries in the centre of each tart and refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- Keep refrigerated. Enjoy within 2 days.
Prep Time: 30 minutes | Set Time: 3 hours
- Servings: 6
Amount per serving
- Calories: 712
- Total fat: 57g
- Total carbohydrate: 24g
- Protein: 16g
* Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.
Dietaries: Dairy Free | Gluten Free | Low Carb