Treat your loved ones with these delicious, homemade chocolates filled with raspberry chia seed filling for Valentine's Day.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Set time 2-3 hours
- ½ Cup frozen raspberries, defrosted
- 2 TB filtered water
- 2 TB maple syrup
- 4 TB chia seeds
- 4 TB peanut or almond butter
- Heart shaped molds
- To make the chia seed filling, combine the raspberries, water and maple syrup in a bowl and mash together with a fork. Add in the chia seeds and stir well. Set aside, stirring occasionally until the chia seeds have expanded and a jam like texture is formed. The mixture should be relatively firm - if not, add a little extra chia seeds.
- To make the chocolate, mix all chocolate ingredients together over a double boiler until melted and well combined.
- To assemble, add a small amount of chocolate to the bottom of each chocolate mold, filling about a quarter of the way. Next, add a small dollop of chia filling and a small dollop of nut butter filling each mold three quarters of the way. Finish with more chocolate, filling each mold to the brim. Gently place in the freezer to set for 2-3 hours.
- These chocolates can be stored and enjoyed straight from the freezer. Alternatively, let them sit for 5 minutes to soften slightly before serving.