Comvita’s driving force is to encourage people to pursue healthy and vibrant lives with its range of healthy products sourced from natural ingredients. This home-grown Kiwi company believes ingredients are their most powerful in their purest form, which is why Comvita invests in a meticulous tending and harvesting process to keep those ingredients as close to their natural state as possible.
Comvita is New Zealand’s leading producer of Manuka Honey. With its commitment to purity, you’ll be able to trace the ingredients of their Manuka Honey Lozenges (for example) all the way back to the hive. Whether you’re after Manuka Honey for its antibacterial properties, Apple Cider Vinegar for its versatility and health benefits, or an Olive Leaf Extract, you can be sure you’re getting the best quality with Comvita.
Browse the full range of Comvita products above to find a natural health alternative made from only the highest quality ingredients.
Comvita Apple Cider Vinegar is made from sweet sun-ripened New Zealand apples and is free from artificial additives and colourings. Minimum processing ensures that nature’s goodness is retained, giving you maximum benefits.
Only the finest natural ingredients have been used in the manufacture of Comvita Apple Cider Vinegar. This is a totally natural product which has received minimal processing, thereby preserving its quality, just as nature intended. As a result you may notice slight variations in colour and taste between bottles.
The presence of cloudy particles or solids are known as the 'Mother of vinegar' and are a normal, natural occurence which in no way compromises the safety or quality of the product.
In addition to the most necessary of culinary uses – mix with cold pressed olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and fresh herbs to create a wonderful salad dressing – below are the top ten culinary hints for using Comvita Apple Cider Vinegar:
1. Drink it: Mix with water to create a refreshing drink – in summer add ice and a sprig of mint – in winter add to warm water with a further teaspoonful of Comvita honey.
2. Fresh fruit: add some apple cider vinegar to a bowl of water holding cut fruit as it will stop the fruit from discolouring and going brown.
3. Escaping eggs: add a small amount of apple cider vinegar to the water when boiling eggs, to prevent shells cracking. This also ensures easier and faster removal of shells.
4. Clean cauli: add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to your cooking water, to ensure your cauliflower will be white and clean.
5. Fluffy rice: to make fluffier rice, add one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to the cooking water.
6. Fresh cheese: stored cheese will keep longer by wrapping it in a cloth that has been soaked with apple cider vinegar and keeping it in a sealed container.
7. Flavourful fruit: when cooking fruit, try adding a spoonful of apple cider vinegar to improve and enhance the flavour.
8. Healthy ham: to prevent mould, rub apple cider vinegar on the cut end of uncooked ham. Apple cider vinegar can also be added to boiling ham, as it’s reputed to cut the salty taste and improve the flavour.
9. Perfect poaching: to prevent separation of yolks and whites, add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to the water when poaching eggs.
10. Marinate meat: marinating meat overnight in apple cider vinegar will tenderise it (try adding herbs for even more flavour).
Shake well before use if sediments occur.
Store in a cool dark place, below 25°C.
100% Apple cider vinegar.
No artificial preservatives or colouring
Join our inner circle!
YES, I want to receive exclusive deals and the latest in natural health and beauty