Apple cider vinegar has been a much-loved tonic since fermenting apples was discovered! However, there are people who dislike the vinegar taste and others who would prefer to take vinegar in another form. Enter ACV Gummies!
Mixing apple cider vinegar with apple juice and grass-fed gelatin gives a delicious protein-rich snack or lunchbox filler. It’s an easy way to consume ACV, especially if you struggle with the vinegary flavour.
Apple cider vinegar is a treasured fermented food, rich in enzymes, acetic acid, and other nutrients, and its popularity continues to grow. There are plenty of apple cider vinegars available made with organic apples from New Zealand. These high-quality vinegars can be used for salad dressings, or in water for other uses after making gummies. Gelatin provides the amino acids that the body uses to make collagen, in a digestible form. We love using gelatin from grass-fed cattle who have been able to roam the earth freely and eat a natural diet.
- 2 ¼ cups organic 100% apple juice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup gelatin
- 1 TB good quality manuka honey
- 2 pinches ground cinnamon (optional)
1. Bloom gelatine by adding gelatine to 1 cup of apple juice, stirring to combine and set aside
2. Meanwhile, bring the remaining apple juice to a gentle simmer
3. Add in the gelatine apple juice mixture, apple cider vinegar, honey and cinnamon to pot and stir until smooth and well incorporated
4. Spoon mixture into your favourite mould and refrigerate to set for 1 hour
5. Keep gummies refrigerated and consume within 10 days.
Time: 10 min prep time, 1 hour set time
Makes: 45 gummies approximately depending on your gummy mould.
Each gummy contains approximately ½ teaspoon of ACV
Can’t get enough of gummies? Try our immune support gummies.