Colloidal silver is inexpensive support for the body’s immune system and it also supports natural skin healing –it has a myriad of uses. Colloidal silver’s association with antibacterial properties for surfaces and topical use have long been established. For example, Greek and Roman societies stored liquids in silver-lined containers to keep them fresh before refrigeration, people travelling long distances would add a silver coin into milk containers to delay spoilage.
Colloidal silver supports the skin’s natural defenses for healing. It also supports the immune defenses for winter chills and ills. It can be used orally or topically and is suitable for the entire family, including our animal family members. It has a very mild taste and no smell, which makes it easy to use and administer for little ones and pets. Orally, it’s placed directly under the tongue or put into water before drinking. It's recommended that each dose be held in the mouth for as long as possible before swallowing. This supports the silver ions and particles to be absorbed through the skin beneath the tongue. Topically, it’s used in creams, gels, and sprays -it’s even used as an eye wash, as well as nose and eardrops.
Colloidal silver is made from microscopic silver particles that are suspended in a base of water, as well as topical creams and gels. Colloidal silver is created through an electromagnetic process, this pulls tiny particles of silver from larger pieces of pure silver into distilled water. The minute electric charge on each atom holds these silver particles in suspension. This is essential as it allows the particles to move more easily throughout the body, making it easily absorbed. The best quality Colloidal Silver will be clear, which means the particles are too small to reflect any light.
Terms often used with Colloidal Silver
- Ionic - means the silver is in the form of single silver ions (ie: very tiny, positively charged particles).
- Colloidal - means the particles are suspended in a liquid.
- Parts per million (ppm) - is a measure of the total amount, or weight, of silver in the solution.
Colloidal Silver for personal wellbeing
- Topical application – Colloidal Silver is antiseptic, so it can be applied to the skin to help keep wounds clean.
- Eye wash – can be used as part of an eye bath to soothe and protect.
- Throat spray – can be sprayed into the mouth and throat for itchy or irritated throats.
- Mouthwash and gargle – to support oral health, and it can be swallowed afterwards.
Colloidal Silver around the home
- Kitchen and bathroom sponges – kitchen and bathroom sponges are notorious for harbouring bugs. Spray these sponges after each use with Colloidal Silver Liquid, especially in warm or humid weather.
- Chopping boards – After washing and rinsing your chopping board as usual after each use, lightly spray Colloidal Silver Liquid over its surface and allow it to air dry to help prevent contamination.
- Drinking water dispensers – The holding tank in your bottled drinking water dispenser is largely unseen therefore it could easily become contaminated. To help prevent this add 1 Tbsp of Colloidal Silver Liquid per 3 litres of water each time you change bottles.
- Pet odours – Colloidal Silver is also effective in eliminating most pet odours on your home carpets and furnishings without damaging or staining them. After cleaning the affected area simply spray Colloidal Liquid on to the area and allow to air dry. Some furnishings, especially carpets, may need repeated applications due to the texture and the depth of the fibres.
- Mould on walls and ceilings – mould is a common and potentially dangerous problem in homes, particularly in humid and coastal areas. To dramatically reduce the growth of mould and mildew in your home, lightly spray Colloidal Silver Liquid on to the walls and ceilings in your bathroom and other rooms where mould growth is a problem, particularly in corners and along seam lines where the walls and ceiling meet. Ventilate these areas to allow the colloidal silver to dry. Repeat weekly where necessary.
At HealthPost our range of Colloidal silver products are available as oral liquids, sprays, nasal sprays, drops and topical gel to suit all your needs.
All of our Colloidal Silver Liquid products contain a silver concentration of 10ppm or below in accordance with Medsafe New Zealand requirements.
Colloidal silver products are not recommended to be taken continuously for long periods of time. If you are pregnant or breast feeding consult your doctor first.