Our digestive health is a key component of our immune system, so keeping it up to scratch is especially important as the winter chills start to creep in! This nourishing soup is the perfect comfort food on a cold day. Rich in vitamins and minerals with the added benefits of bone broth, this soup will warm you up and help to support a healthy immune and digestive system.
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 generous servings
- 2 large organic chicken breasts
- 6 cups water
- ½ white onion, finely sliced
- 3 medium zucchinis
- 1 large carrot
- 3 TB Nutra Organics Chicken Bone Broth – Garden Herb
- 2 TB white miso
- 10 cm lemon grass
- ½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Spring onion, chopped
- ¼ cup Fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place whole chicken breasts in the bottom of a large pot and cover with 6 cups water. Bring to boil over medium-high heat. Once boiling, using a spoon skim off any white foam that may have appeared on the surface. Reduce heat to low, cover and continue to simmer. Chicken should be cooked through in about 20 minutes total.
- Meanwhile using a vegetable spiraliser or vegetable peeler and knife, cut the zucchini into thin noodle-like strips (zoodles). Set aside in a large bowl.
- Once chicken breast is cooked, remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- Add bone broth powder, miso, lemongrass, ginger, onion and garlic to the stock and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken breast with 2 forks.
- Add zucchini and carrot zoodles and shredded chicken to the pot and let cook covered for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with spring onions and fresh parsley to serve.