These mushrooms with chimichurri sauce are great as a side dish or with served with avocado and a green salad. Experiment with adding in more of your favorite fresh herbs from the garden and creating your own variations!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Makes: 2 servings
- 4-6 large Portobello mushrooms
- 2-3 TB olive oil
- ½ cup red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3-4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 TB fresh chili, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 TB fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 TB fresh mint, chopped
- Black pepper, to taste
1. Combine all Chimichurri ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside to infuse.
2. Heat a large grill pan on high heat.
3. Peel mushrooms; remove stems and brush with olive oil on both sides.
4. Grill mushrooms for approximately 1-2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your preferred tenderness.
5. Once cooked remove from pan and spoon over Chimichurri sauce to serve.