This easy to make turmeric latte is warming, nourishing, and packed with antioxidants! With added Vitus magnesium, it's the ultimate natural recovery drink!
Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups almond milk (or use coconut milk– turmeric is fat-soluble and absorbs into the body better with fats)
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin coconut oil (it’s great to add this if you are using almond milk, otherwise it’s optional)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 teaspoons of raw honey or maple syrup (sweeten to taste)
- A pinch of ground black pepper
- ½ tsp VITUS Pure Ocean Sourced Magnesium Powder
- Heat almond/coconut milk and whisk vigorously all the dry spices into the milk once it is hot.
- Add vanilla, coconut oil, black pepper, maple syrup and Vitus Magnesium and whisk again continuing to fully heat.
- Once very hot, but not boiling, remove from heat and pour into mugs.
- Use an electric or manual milk frother to get a gorgeous frothy, latte consistency if you can.
- Sprinkle with a little cinnamon and enjoy
Recipe by plant-based chef Tracey Bennett.
VITUS Pure Ocean Sourced Magnesium Powder is harvested sustainably from the pristine ocean waters of Ireland, is 100% vegan and provides over 400mg of elemental magnesium per serve. Free from additives, fillers, preservatives and flavours. Shop VITUS Pure Ocean Sourced Magnesium Powder or their full vegan range online.