Treat Mum with a delicious breakfast for Mother’s day! These light, gluten free crepes are filled with a sweet chia berry compote and coconut yoghurt, perfect for breakfast in bed, brunch or even dessert.
Makes 4 servings (approx. 8 crepes)
Chia berry compote
- 1 cup mixed berries
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 2 cups full fat coconut cream
- 1 TB coconut sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla paste
- coconut oil for cooking
- 1 large banana
- Coconut yoghurt
1. Add the mixed berries and water to a small pot and warm on medium heat until berries start to fall apart. Remove from heat and add in chia seeds. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl whisk together almond meal, tapioca starch and coconut cream with vanilla paste and sugar.
3. Heat a large frying pan over medium heat with a small amount of coconut oil. Add approximately 1/3 cup of batter and swirl to completely cover bottom of pan. Cook until underside of crepe is golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Loosen edge of crepe with a rubber spatula and quickly flip. Cook 1 minute more. Slide crepe out of the pan and repeat with remaining batter.
5. To serve, fill crepes with chia berry compote, chopped banana and coconut yoghurt. Roll up and enjoy!