April 22 each year marks Earth Day and this year will be its 50th anniversary. The first Earth Day was held on 22 April 1970 with a goal of raising awareness about mankind’s role in protecting our natural world. Typically, Earth Day is assigned a theme or area of focus each year. Earth Day has become a popular day or many communities around the world to gather and clean up litter, plant trees or simply reflect on the beauty of nature.
In celebration of this day, I have created a fun, simple and healthy recipe that can be made and enjoyed with family for the occasion. Full of healthy antioxidants from butterfly pea flower powder, plant portions from golden pea vanilla protein powder and packed with nutrition from spirulina.
The star ingredients:
BioBalance Certified Organic Spirulina Powder: A 100% pure, vegetarian superfood. Spirulina’s microscopic blue-green algae is naturally high-protein and nutrient-rich.
Misty Day Butterfly Pea Flower Powder: Butterfly pea flowers are native to Thailand and Malaysia and can be found in other parts of Southeast Asia. The vibrant flowers are powdered and will a bright indigo to any creation.
Go Good Vanilla Pea Protein: Made from supreme European golden peas with organic vanilla bean providing ultra-high plant-based protein, rich in essential amino acids and easy to digest, it really is a “dairy-free delight packed with nitrites”
Time: 10 minutes
Gluten Free, Dairy Free
- 3 cups desiccated coconut
- ½ cup vanilla pea protein
- ¾ cups coconut oil
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- 2 TB cashew butter
- 2 TB maple syrup
- 1 tsp butterfly pea flower powder
- 2 tsp spirulina powder
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Mix all ingredients except butterfly pea powder and spirulina powder in a bowl
- Add half of the mix to a food processor with the butterfly pea powder and pulse until well incorporated and beautifully blue, spoon into a bowl
- Add the remaining mix into the food processor with the spirulina powder and pulse until well incorporated and green, spoon into a separate bowl
- To make your earth balls, grab a bit form each mixture and using a press-and-roll motion with your fingers and palm, form your mini earths. Keep refrigerated and enjoy as a delicious snack.