What better way to use up all those delicious feijoa's at this time of year! This crumble recipe is sure to please the whole family, perfect for a sweet treat or warming dessert on one of these cooler days.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4-6 apples
- ½ cup water
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 cups feijoa fruit pulp
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 6 TB coconut sugar
- 250g unsalted Butter
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees.
2. Peel, core and chop the apples into medium chunks, add to pot with water and cinnamon, cook until semi-soft.
3. Meanwhile place desiccated coconut, ground almonds, oats and coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl and combine.
4. Chop butter into small cubes and add to the crumble mixture, with cinnamon and vanilla paste. Mix and rub in with fingertips until it resembles an even crumbly mixture.
5. Drain apples and transfer to an oven proof dish, add feijoa pulp.
6. Cover fruit with crumble mixture by gently crumbling over with fingers.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.