Two words: soup season! And we’re here for it. Quick to make, super nourishing, and the perfect warm up for a winter lunch or dinner, this hearty green vegetable soup can be enjoyed chunky – if that’s your vibe – or blend it up and enjoy it smooth.
This Green Superfood Soup is packed full of seasonal vegetables and herbs and made with a base of artisan beef bone stock made from grass fed and ethically sourced beef bones.
Moringa powder adds a natural plant protein source that is packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals. And just when you think it can’t get any better, it’s topped with a delicious savoury seasoning of furikake (an excellent source of iodine), hemp hearts and hemp oil (for a boost of good fats, omegas 3 & 6) and nutritional yeast (bursting with vitamin B12) for additional flavour and nutrients.
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 medium leek, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemongrass, minced
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- ½ small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 cup green beans, quartered
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1.5L filtered water
- 5 Tablespoons beef bone stock
- 1 Tablespoon moringa powder
- 1 Teaspoon reishi mushroom powder (optional)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tablespoons hemp hearts
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 Tablespoons furikake seasoning
- Hemp seed oil
- Chop, slice and dice all vegetables.
- In a small pot, pre-cook potato pieces until just tender. Set aside.
- In a large pot, melt coconut oil and sauté shallots with leek, garlic, ginger and lemongrass for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, cauliflower, beans and zucchini into the large pot with thyme and stir-fry on high heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water, stock powder, moringa powder, and mushroom powder (if using) and season with salt and pepper to taste. Bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are vibrant and tender.
- Add pre-cooked potatoes and peas to the soup with chopped parsley, chives and spinach. Cook until spinach greens are wilted.
- Meanwhile combine nutritional yeast, hemp hearts and furikake seasoning in a small dish ready for serving.
- Serve soup topped with a generous drizzle of hemp seed oil and sprinkle of the seasoning mix. Delicious with a toasted slice of Keto Loaf
Optional: If you prefer your soup blended, blend before topping with season mix and hemp oil.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 15 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
- Servings: 8
Amount per serve:
- Total Fat: 5g
- Total Carbohydrates: 11g
- Net Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 4g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.