Silver’s association with anti-bacterial properties has long been established. The ancient Phoenicians knew enough to keep water, wine and vinegar in silver vessels to ensure freshness. It is only recently, however, that scientists have discovered why silver works.
Quite simply, silver interrupts the bacteria cell’s ability to form the chemical bonds essential to its survival.
Ionic Colloidal Silver To Improve Your Health
Ionic Colloidal Silver is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral. It supports the immune system when the body is under attack and micro organisms cannot build up resistance to it. Ionic Colloidal Silver is suitable for the entire family – there are no known interactions or side effects if taken as directed.
‘Ionic’ means the silver is in the form of single silver ions (ie: very tiny, positively charged particles).
‘Colloidal’ means these particles are suspended in a liquid.
‘Parts per million’ (ppm) is a measure of the total amount, or weight, of silver – it is not a measure of the strength or effectiveness of the colloidal silver. This can be a confusing term as it has nothing to do with the number or size of silver particles or ions.
How effective is your Colloidal Silver?
Ionic Colloidal Silver is most effective because it’s positively charged. This does two things:
- Because the ionic particles are positively charged they repel each other and stay in suspension in the solution (like a magnet where like poles repel and opposite poles attract).
- When body cells are infected they become negatively charged – positive Colloidal
Silver is attracted to these negative cells, allowing the silver ions to go straight to the source of infection.
Silver particle size matters too – the smaller the particle size the greater the number of silver particles, and the more effective it becomes. Ionic Colloidal Silver should contain the largest proportion of very small clusters of bioactive silver ions – smaller is better. To support the body’s natural healing ability a silver particle concentration of 6-8ppm (parts per million) is best.
Colloidal Silvers that are non ionic and/or have a large particle size will often contain a stabiliser to try to keep the silver particles in suspension – this indicates poor quality. Best quality Colloidal Silver will be clear, because the particles are too small to reflect any light.
A Word of Advice……
Medsafe New Zealand requirements stipulate that Colloidal Silver Liquid products contain a silver concentration of 10ppm or below. When selecting your Colloidal Silver be sure to choose a brand that meets this requirement and clearly states that each batch is independently tested to ensure quality control.
Top 10 Uses for Ionic Colloidal Silver
Use it for Personal Health and Wellbeing:
- Immune Support – Ionic Colloidal Silver has antibacterial, antiviral and antifungal properties. Take internally to assist the body’s natural defence response against acute bacterial or viral infections such as colds/flu, and conditions that are slow to heal or are recurrent.
- Topical application – can be applied to the skin to help prevent infection and to fight existing infection. Suitable for use on broken skin and can be used as an antibacterial or antifungal application for wounds, cuts, grazes, minor burns, fungal infections.
- Eye wash – can be applied directly to the eyes for problems such as conjunctivitis, dry or tired eyes, blurred vision, itchy eyes, sties.
- Throat/mouth spray – can be sprayed in to the mouth and throat for sore throats, laryngitis, dry coughs, aphthous mouth ulcers, gum infections, after dental work. Alternatively use as a mouthwash and gargle – can be swallowed afterwards.
- Ear Infections – can be applied directly in to the ear(s) for ear infections.
Use it Around the Home:
- Kitchen and Bathroom Sponges – Kitchen and bathroom sponges are notorious for harbouring bacteria. Spray these sponges after each use with Colloidal Silver Liquid, especially in warm or humid weather.
- Chopping Boards – After washing and rinsing your chopping board as usual after each use, lightly spray Colloidal Silver Liquid over its surface and allow it to air dry to help prevent bacterial contamination.
- Drinking Water Dispensers – The holding tank in your bottled drinking water dispenser is largely unseen therefore it could easily become contaminated with bacteria or mould. To help prevent this add 1 Tbsp of Colloidal Silver Liquid per 3 litres of water each time you change bottles.
- Pet Odours – Colloidal Silver is also effective in eliminating most pet odours on your home carpets and furnishings without damaging or staining them. After cleaning the affected area simply spray Skybright Colloidal Liquid on to the area and allow to air dry. Some furnishings, especially carpets, may need repeated applications due to the texture and the depth of the fibres they consist of.
- Mould on Walls and Ceilings – Mould is a common and potentially dangerous problem in homes, particularly in humid and coastal areas. To dramatically reduce the growth of mould and mildew in your home, lightly spray Colloidal Silver Liquid on to the walls and ceilings in your bathroom and other rooms where mould growth is a problem, particularly in corners and along seam lines where the walls and ceiling meet. Ventilate these areas to allow the colloidal silver to dry. Repeat weekly where necessary.
Healthpost.co.nz stocks a range of Colloidal Silver products.