I am hard pressed to think of a more delicious sweet treat combination than coffee AND cheesecake. But while cheesecake is typically healthier than your average chocolate mud cake (with fewer calories, less sugar and more calcium and protein), I wanted to do even better than that and I think I’ve nailed it. You can thank me later.
This Keto Coffee Cheesecake has just 2g of carbohydrate per serving and delivers serious brain power with caffeine and MCT’s plus L-Cartinine. What’s more, it contains no added sugar and is sweetened with natural, zero calorie monk fruit extract. Naturally, the coffee flavour makes it perfect for those that are partial to a rich cup of Joe, but I think the sweet and bitter flavours accompanied by the perfect creamy texture could impress just about anyone.
A couple of tips for those keen on baking their own Keto Coffee Cheesecake
Make sure to line the sides of the cake tin as well as the base. Brushing a little melted coconut oil onto the sides of the cake tin followed by the baking paper will keep the paper in place when you pour in the filling. When adding the coffee gelatine mix to the cream cheese mix make sure to add it slowly and continue to mix to avoid any lumps.
- 2 cups ground almonds
- 5 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 level scoop NOW foods Organic Monk Fruit Extract Powder
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 Tablespoons Radiance Keto Coffee
- 1 Tablespoon Nutra Organics Natural Gelatin
- ¼ cup cold water
- 1 shot (3 tablespoons) espresso coffee
- 500g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 scoops NOW foods Organic Monk Fruit Extract Powder
- 500ml cream
For the top
- Whole roasted coffee beans
- Preheat oven to 160 °C fan-bake and line a 20cm cake tin (see tips in description).
- For the base, combine all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl until well incorporated and the mixture resembles a crumbly dough.
- Press dough into the base of the prepared cake tin and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden. Set aside to let cool.
- Meanwhile for the filling, start by adding the keto coffee powder and cold water to a small pot, mix well until coffee is completely dissolved, sprinkle over gelatine and let sit for 5 minutes to let gelatine bloom (absorb liquid). Once the gelatine has bloomed, add the extra shot of coffee and heat the coffee-gelatine mix on low heat until it becomes liquid again.
- Add softened cream cheese to a large mixing bowl with the monk fruit sweetener and mix with an electric mixer until creamy. Slowly start adding the cream and continue to beat until soft peaks begin to form.
- Slowly start adding in the gelatine coffee mixture while continuing to beat everything together until peaks begin to firm.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust, decorate with whole roasted coffee beans and set in fridge overnight or until centre of cheesecake is firm and no longer wobbly.
Time: Prep: 20 minutes | Cook: 20-30 minutes | Set: Overnight
Nutritional information *
- Servings: 15
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Total Fat: 28g
- Total Carbohydrate: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Net Carbohydrate: 1g
- Protein: 6g
* Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal
Dietary: Keto | Gluten Free