A tantalising blend of warming ginger, turmeric, lemon, and honey, these decadent truffles are mouth-wateringly creamy and have a refreshing zingy taste – the perfect treat for a winter evening spent in front of the fire.
Along with the goodness of turmeric, these treats are naturally sweetened with Mānuka honey and monk fruit. You’ll love the dreamy homemade white chocolate shell, which is not only super easy to make, but also refined sugar and dairy free. Curl up with a hot cuppa and one of these on a cold day – heavenly.
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 3 Tablespoons ground almonds
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 Tablespoons macadamia cashew nut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 organic lemons, juice and zest
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- ¼ cup Coconut oil
- ¼ cup Mānuka Honey, Ginger, Turmeric, & Lemon Tonic
White chocolate shell
- 100g cacao butter
- ¼ cup coconut milk powder
- ½ teaspoon monk fruit
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla paste
- Add all truffle ingredients into a food processor and process until well combined and a sticky consistency is reached.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon portions of the mix and using your hands, form the truffle balls. Place onto a plate and pop in the freezer to set.
- While the truffles are setting, prepare the white chocolate. First melt the cacao butter in a double boiler and once liquid, remove from heat and sift in the coconut milk powder. Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Take chilled truffles out of the freezer and dip each truffle into the white chocolate one by one. Repeat this a second time to form a double coat. Lastly, gently drizzle the remaining white chocolate over truffles.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 10 days.
Total time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 15
Amount per serving
- Total Fat: 21g
- Total Carbs: 7g
- Net Carbs: 6g
- Total Protein: 2g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.