Good news! The weeds in the garden can contribute to this delicious pesto that provides nourishing phyto-nutrients to support our liver health. This pesto goes well on crackers, in pasta dishes, or with vegetable sticks.
Liver Lover Pesto
Prep time: 5 min
- 1 cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 2 cups parsley
- 2 cups basil
- 1 cup coriander
- 1 cup fresh fennel sprigs
- 4 – 6 dandelion leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup cold pressed extra virgin olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Himalayan salt and ground pepper to taste
1. In a food processor combine walnuts and herbs. Process until nuts are well ground and herbs are incorporated.
2. Add in garlic, olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
3. Store in airtight container in fridge and use within 5 days.
You can share a photo of your delicious creations on Instagram @HealthPostNZ