Party season has officially begun and for some of us that can mean indulging in plenty of rich foods and perhaps even a few drinks as well. Suffice to say, at this time of year our liver could do with a little extra love as it goes about its job of cleansing our blood of waste products and toxins. Wild Dispensary Liver Bitters is a delicious blend of herbs to do just that. I’ve sweetened this liver loving drink with a little raw honey and added ginger and orange peel for a crisp and refreshing flavour.
For something a little extra special (and because alcohol-free drinks don’t have to look or taste boring!) frozen herb and edible flower ice cubes add a pop of colour and make this spritz even more enjoyable to drink.
- 1 cup soda water
- 2 ml Wild Dispensary Liver Bitters
- ½ teaspoon Manuka Honey
- 1 orange
- 1 fresh ginger root
- Fresh rosemary
- Ice Cubes
- An assortment of fresh sprigs of herbs and edible flowers
- To make flower and herb ice cubes place small sprigs of herbs such as rosemary, mint or thyme and edible flowers such as calendula and borage in the bottom of an ice cube tray, fill with water and freeze until solid.
- Peel orange rind into ribbons using a vegetable peeler.
- Bruise whole ginger root with the flat side of a knife, this means the ginger will release more juices and flavour. Thinly slice ginger root.
- In the bottom of a tall glass, mix liver bitters with honey, top with soda water and stir, add ice cubes ginger slices and orange peel ribbons. Serve.
- Servings: 1
Amount per serving
- Calories: 14
- Total Fat: 0g
- Total Carbohydrate: 3g
- Protein: 0g
* Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal
For more on why we get behind Wild Dispensary Liver Bitters check out our article We’re In Love With This Healthy Cocktail Trick.