A crunchy but oh-so delicious treat to satisfy sweet cravings? Yes please. Featuring The Keepers Apothecary Sweet Dreams Honey Blend which infuses pure NZ honey with lavender, chamomile and tulsi, this recipe is only sweetened with honey - making it an ideal choice for anyone cutting back on refined sugars.
Featuring nourishing ingredients like coconut oil, rolled oats and LSA, these cookies pair well with your choice of jam or cream. If you’re feeling like something a little extra, whip up some honey and blackcurrant cashew cream to make yourself a lullaby cookie sandwich... yum!
Delicious enough to enjoy any time of day, these cookies are the perfect after-dinner or before bed treat – lovely for helping you relax and unwind from the day that’s been.
The superfood ingredient LSA: What is it?
Made by combining linseeds, sunflower seeds and almonds, LSA is a nutritional powerhouse comprised of three superb superfoods. This tasty trio is appreciated for providing valuable health benefits - including being a well-balanced source of fibre and a high-quality source of vegetarian protein. It’s also rich in omega-3 fatty acids which is great for supporting healthy energy levels. The flavour of LSA is very nutty and is a nutritious choice for the whole family to enjoy.
We think you’ll love:
- Contains Vitamin E and B1
- Great for those with gluten intolerances
- Low in sugar
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians
- Rich in minerals like Magnesium and Iron
Neuroberries for lasting energy
Rich in Vitamin C, Neuroberries are known to contain some of the highest levels of anthocyanins when compared to other berries around the world. Anthocyanins fall under the umbrella of flavonoids - which are rich in antioxidants.
This brain-boosting berry from Arepa is terrific for supporting healthy energy levels and tastes great in practically any sweet dish. From smoothies and cereals to baked goods like these delicious cookies, Neuroberries make an excellent addition to any breakfast, lunchbox or snack idea.
- 2 cups Chantal Organics Quick Rolled Oats
- 1 ½ teaspoon Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tablespoons Waihi Bush Organic Flax Fibre - LSA
- 4 Tablespoons warm water
- ½ cup BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- ½ cup The Keepers Apothecary Sweet Dreams Honey Blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Blackcurrant Cashew Cream (Optional)
- 1 cup Ceres Organics Whole Raw Cashews, soaked until softened
- 2 Tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 Tablespoons Arepa Neuroberry® Blackcurrants
- 2 teaspoons The Keepers Apothecary Sweet Dreams Honey Blend
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C fan-bake and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine the flax fibre and water, set aside to let thicken. This will act as your vegan egg replacement and help bind everything together.
- In a food processor, blitz the oats into a fine flour-like consistency. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl and combine with cinnamon, baking powder and a pinch of salt.
- To the dry ingredients add coconut oil, honey, and vanilla. Mix until everything is well combined. Using your tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out portions of cookie dough onto the prepared baking tray.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden, let cool on a wire rack.
- To make the icing add all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth. Once cookies have cooled, spread icing on the underside of one cookie then place a second cookie on top and gently press together.
Makes: 16 cookies | Prep time: 15 | Cook time: 20 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving (cookie only)*
- Servings: 16
- Calories: 134
- Total Fat: 8g
- Total Carbohydrate: 16g
- Net Carbohydrate: 14g
- Protein: 2g
- Sugar: 8g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.