This gluten, dairy, egg and refined sugar free slice is a great on the go snack to keep you full of energy. Make this delicious chocolatey version, or swap out the cacao for a zesty lemon variation instead.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 20-30 minutes
- 3 TB chia seeds
- 6 TB water
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 TB coconut oil
- 3 TB maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup LSA (ground Linseeds, Sunflower seeds and Almonds)
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup buckwheat groats
- 4 TB cacao powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 100g good quality dark chocolate, melted (optional)
1. Preheat oven
to 160°C, fan bake and prepare a lined slice tin (20cm x20cm)
2. In a medium mixing bowl, soak the chia seeds in water until gelatinous, add in mashed banana, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla extract and cinnamon, mix together well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine shredded coconut, LSA, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almonds, buckwheat and cacao with baking soda and salt.
4. Mix together well with a spatula and press into the slice tin.
5. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden.
6. Allow to cool on a wire rack and cut into desired serving size.
7. Dip ½ of each slice into melted dark chocolate and let harden (optional step)
8. Store in an airtight container in the fridge and eat within one week.
OPTION: To make a zesty lemon variation, swap out the cacao, cinnamon and dipping chocolate for the zest of one lemon and juice of ½ lemon.