With the satisfying crunch of a raw biscuit base, topped with fresh banana slices, a gooey banoffee peanut butter caramel centre and covered with creamy coconut whip, this recipe is seriously delicious. Yes, it’s raw, vegan, refined sugar free, and packed with wholefood ingredients, yet this healthy version is just as decadent as traditional banoffee slice.
- 2 cups almond flour
- ½ cup activated walnuts
- ½ cup cashew nuts
- 2 Tablespoons coconut blossom nectar, rice syrup or your natural sweetener of choice
- For alternative sweeteners try SweetNZ Banana Liquid Stevia
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 medium ripe bananas
- 15 Medjool dates
- ½ jar (110g) Salted caramel peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons cacao butter or coconut oil, melted
- Generous pinch salt
- Optional add on: SweetNZ Caramel Liquid Stevia
Whipped Coconut Cream
- 2 cans full fat coconut cream chilled overnight in the refrigerator*
- De-pip dates and place into a bowl, cover with boiling water and set aside to soften.
- To make the base, combine almond flour, walnuts and cashew nuts in a food processor and blitz until nuts are slightly broken down but still have some texture. Add sweetener and melted coconut oil, then continue to mix until ingredients come together and form a dough. Press into the bottom of a lined 20 x 20 cm square dish and place into the freezer to set.
- Meanwhile to make the caramel, drain the dates and shake off any excess water. Add to a food processor with Salted Caramel Peanut Butter, cocoa butter/coconut oil and salt. Blend until smooth.
- Slice bananas and evenly layer over the base. Smooth over caramel layer and place back into the freezer.
- To make the whipped coconut cream, open coconut cream cans that have been chilling overnight and scoop the solidified coconut cream off the top (you only want the cream that has risen to the top of the can, not the liquid). Add to a medium bowl and mix with a hand mixer until smooth and soft peaks form.
- Top the set slice with coconut whip, chopped pecans and shaved dark chocolate.
- Store in the refrigerator and enjoy within two days.
* Chill the two cans of coconut cream for the coconut whip in the refrigerator overnight. This step is essential as it will result in the coconut cream hardening and separating from the coconut water.
Total time: 45 minutes
- Makes: 12 servings
Amount per serving
- Calories: 386
- Total Fat: 16g
- Total Carbohydrate: 30g
- Net Carbohydrate: 26g
- Protein: 5g
- Sugar: 24g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.