Looking to use up leftovers for an easy weeknight dinner? Calling for everyday pantry items like pasta, cashews, apple cider vinegar (ACV) and olive oil – it’s a no-brainer for days where you’re short on time or feeling a bit sluggish. Or of course, when you’re craving a tasty 15-min pasta dish.
Choosing from fresh or frozen veggies like broccoli, cauliflower or any of your favourite dark, leafy greens – this nourishing recipe is a delicious option for your meal rotation.
This vegan-friendly dish is packed with umami flavour from nutritional yeast, cashew nuts and ACV – to achieve a deliciously creamy sauce, without the need for dairy. Pair it with your choice of protein – chicken, fish or a plant-based alternative, for the ultimate comfort food.
All about smart, functional dinner methods? If you have leftover sauce, try freezing it in ice cube trays to have on hand to make this recipe even quicker.
Fun facts about hemp hearts: Chantal Organics Organic Hemp Hearts
- Great for your daily dose of omegas, hemp hearts contain 18 types of amino acids – 11 of which our bodies can’t produce on their own.
- They’re rich in magnesium, an essential nutrient for helping our bodies feel well. Small but mighty, hemp hearts have high nutritional value – making them a worthwhile ingredient in your daily diet.
- From your morning smoothie, to stirfries and soups, avocado toast (the list goes on), they’re an easy addition to most meal ideas – like this pasta recipe!
A nourishing choice for your day: Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Whether you’re dressing your favourite salad, grilling homemade bread, or getting creative with a new condiment recipe, EVOO deserves a spot in every household pantry.
High in healthy fats and rich in antioxidants, it’s especially nourishing for your body and tastes great with many meals.
It also doubles as an easy ingredient for your DIY facemask – we recommend trying half a cup of EVOO mixed with a small, ripe avocado. Great for those with thirsty skin! Be sure to store it in the fridge for freshness.
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 zucchinis, grilled
- 1 cup peas, defrosted
- 2 Tablespoons Ceres Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Chantal Organics Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Bragg Nutritional Yeast Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Chantal Organics Organic Hemp Hearts
- ¼ cup Ceres Organics Whole Cashews
- Season with salt and pepper
- Your favourite cooked pasta
- To make the pasta sauce, add your choice of fresh herbs, spinach, peas, grilled zucchini (or any other leftover greens and veggies you may have) into a high-speed blender.
- Add in the olive oil, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, hemp seeds and cashew nuts. Blend on high speed until smooth and creamy. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Generously pour over cooked pasta and serve with extra veggies and/or protein of choice. Top with an additional sprinkle of nutritional yeast for extra umami flavour.
- If you have leftover green sauce, freeze in an ice cube tray ready to use for another meal.
Makes: 6 servings | Prep Time: 5 minutes | Cook Time: 10 minutes
What's inside? Nutritional goodness per serving*
Serving size: 6 servings (recipe makes enough sauce for 6 servings with pasta)
Each serving has:
Total Fat: 22g
Total Carbohydrate: 7g
Net Carbohydrate: 5g
Protein: 4gSugars: 1g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|