For your unwind ritual, these low-sugar gummies make the perfect after-dinner treat. Nourishing yet equally fun to eat, this recipe calls for 4 simple ingredients – gelatin, magnesium powder, lime juice and water. And what’s more, they only take 10 minutes to prepare.
Simply store in the fridge for up to 10 days for an light, delicious treat that the whole family will love.
Your collagen-rich boost: Nutra Organics Natural Gelatin
Perfect for smoothies, thickening sauces, making jelly – and of course, healthy homemade gummies, collagen-rich gelatin is a nourishing choice to use across a variety of dishes.
Your daily dose of Magnesium: Radiance Magnesium Effervescent Powder
Essential mineral Magnesium is an all-rounder for your wellness ritual, and for good reason. This highly bioavailable supplement helps support Magnesium stores in the body – for quality sleep and relaxation.
- 3 cups filtered water - divided
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lime or lemon juice (or a combination of both)
- ½ cup Nutra Organics Natural Gelatin
- ¼ cup Radiance Magnesium Effervescent Powder
- Bloom* the gelatin by adding the gelatin powder to 1 cup of cold water.Stir to combine and set aside. *Blooming is the process where gelatin dissolves in liquid.
- Meanwhile, to a medium-large pot, add the remaining water and freshly squeezed lime (and/or lemon juice), then bring to a gentle simmer.
- Remove from heat, and add the bloomed gelatin mixture until dissolved.
- Add the magnesium powder and whisk; the mixture will bubble and foam up slightly (this is due to the bicarbonate soda mixing with the citrus).Continue to stir until the bubbles have gone and the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Pour the mixture through a sieve into a dish (or your favourite moulds), and refrigerate until set.
- Once set, cut into pieces and store in fridge. Consume within 10 days.
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|