Morning energy boost? This skillet baked oatmeal will have you buzzing.
Combining a range of wholefood ingredients that you’re sure to have in your cupboard, welcome a satisfied tum, daily energy and a healthy glow with this nourishing brekkie.
With a balance of wholegrains, healthy fats, fibre, protein and antioxidants – it’s a nutritious way to fuel your day. What’s more – it's packed with LSA, which is full of omega-3s that your skin cells will appreciate.
Big on meal prep? This recipe can be prepared in advance – simply double the recipe ingredients and enjoy it throughout the week for a delicious, time saving meal idea.
Here’s some add-ins to spruce up this bowl of goodness:
- Add your choice of nuts and/or seeds
- Don't have cherries? Try blueberries or mixed berries
- Not big on carrots? Add a grated apple or zucchini instead
- Try coconut sugar or honey as a sweetener for a lower glycemic index and blood sugar spike.
- Add a scoop of protein powder for an added protein boost.
- 2 cups Chantal Organics Organic Quick Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated
- 2 Tablespoons ROAR Organic Chia Seeds
- ¼ cup Waihi Bush LSA Original
- ½ teaspoon ground Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 2-3 Tablespoons Biohoney's Honey
- 1 cup coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 carrot grated
- 1 lemon, zested (optional)
- 1 cup cherries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 175°C and grease a baking dish or skillet with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the rolled oats, seed mix, chia seeds, LSA, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well to combine.
- Add the coconut oil, honey, almond milk, and vanilla to the bowl. Stir until all the dry ingredients are evenly coated and moistened.
- Add the grated carrot and lemon zest and gently fold in the cherries, being careful not to crush them too much.
- Pour the mixture into the oiled baking dish and spread it evenly with a spatula. Add a few additional cherries on top for an extra burst of flavour and colour.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 30-35 minutes (or until the top is golden brown and the oats are set).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Scoop into bowls. Serve warm with a generous dollop of coconut yoghurt and a drizzle of honey.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge and reheat before serving. Lasts 4 days.
Makes: 4 servings | Prep time: 5-10 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|