While we don’t always have the time for a leisurely breakfast, ensuring we keep ourselves fueled for the day ahead is key. Thankfully, these on-the-go granola bites are packed with good fats, protein and carbohydrates to help give us plenty of energy to get through the day.
Whether you find yourself short for time in the mornings or you’re a light eater, this healthy recipe is a great grab-and-go option for everyone. It’s also superb as a pre or post workout snack, with your morning cuppa or enjoyed in the afternoon when hunger strikes.
For your mix of deliciously chewy and satisfyingly crunchy, this super quick and easy to prepare recipe is sure to hit the spot. Using plant-based protein from Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Smooth Vanilla, natural sweetener Chantal Organics Rice Syrup (you can use honey or another liquid sweetener of choice if you prefer), Chantal Organics Organic Whole Peanut Butter - Crunchy and other wholesome ingredients, these granola balls are sure to delight. What's more, they’re freezer friendly and can last in the fridge for up to seven days.
Not a fan of nut butters or after an allergy-friendly alternative? While I’ve used almond butter and peanut butter in this recipe, we have a wonderful range of seed butters that can be used in their place instead.
The winning ingredient: Chantal Organics Organic Caramel Apple Pie Super Granola
Not a fan of grains or intolerant to gluten? Give this granola a go. Made with superfood maca – for a smooth caramel flavour, New Zealand grown apples and crunchy ingredients like chia seeds, almonds and coconut, nourish your day with this delicious option.
- High in fibre: to fuel busy days
- Natural source of gut-loving prebiotics
- Rich in protein: to support healthy energy levels
Enjoy it straight from the bag, with your favourite milk of choice or give it a go with this tasty recipe.
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Organic Caramel Apple Pie Super Granola
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Organic Quick Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated
- 2 scoops Nuzest Clean Lean Protein Smooth Vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon (optional)
- ½ cup BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Organic Whole Peanut Butter - Crunchy (or any nut/seed butter)
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Almond Nut Butter (or any nut/seed butter)
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Rice Syrup
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Organic Hemp Seeds for rolling (optional)
- In a mixing bowl add the granola, rolled oats, seed mix and protein powder. Stir to combine.
- Next, add in the melted coconut oil, nut butters, and rice syrup. Use a spatula and mix until everything is well incorporated.
- Scoop out approximately one tablespoon portions and use a press-and-roll motion to help form the balls.
- Roll the balls in the hemp seeds to coat (optional) and place into a sealable container.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Makes: 12 | Total Time: 10 minutes
Nutritional Information per ball *
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 203
- Total Fat: 16g
- Total Carbohydrate: 7g
- Net Carbohydrate: 3g
- Protein: 6g
- Sugar: 2g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal
Dietaries: Dairy Free
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|