Overnight oats to the rescue - for anyone after a super quick breakfast that tastes good - and feels good too.
Easy to digest and super satisfying, these overnight oats only take 10 minutes to prepare and last in the fridge for several days – making it a wonderful option for busy days.
To make, simply prep the base in a jar and pop your toppings on in the morning – it's that easy. While I’ve used pear and berries, you can switch up the flavour by adding your own fruit combinations like banana and diced apples or adding a drizzle of nut butter or honey.
Featuring wholesome ingredients like activated nuts, rice syrup and chia seeds, this easy, no-cook recipe makes for a great grab-and-go breakfast to enjoy every day of the week.
What’s more, soaking oats like I’ve done in this recipe helps break the starches down – making it easier to absorb its nutrients and making it more digestible.
This household staple is also easy on your wallet. This pocket friendly option is especially great if you’re after a healthy choice that nourishes.
What else can I add?
One of the best things about overnight oats is how easily versatile they are. The toppings and mix-ins are endless. I recommend adding:
- Protein powder – Nuzest Clean Lean Smooth Vanilla is a great option suitable for anyone that’s gluten-free, vegan or sensitive to dairy.
- Collagen powder - Radiance Collagen Beauty Powder is rich in marine collagen peptides and is my easy go-to for collagen.
- Nut butters – For a smooth drizzle over the top, you can’t go wrong with Pics Really Good Peanut Butter Smooth.
- Dried fruit – ROAR Organic Goji Berries or chopped dates are a personal fav.
- This delicious chia seed and berry jam.
- Yoghurt or cream.
- Honey – try BioHoney Manuka Honey MG100+, a New Zealand made honey crafted in the South Island.
- Cacao nibs or powder – I suggest ROAR Organic Cacao Powder, which is wonderful for satisfying any chocolate cravings.
How else can I use the products in this recipe?
- ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated – add to salads or soups, over yoghurt or anywhere you want a little satisfying delicious crunch.
- ROAR Organic Nut Mix Activated – delicious to add to raw treats or to simply snack on.
- Chantal Organics Organic Quick Rolled Oats – an essential to always have on hand - whip up a hot porridge, muesli or oat cookies.
- Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon – adds a delicious warm spice to baking and treats or sprinkled over your brekkie.
For the base
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Organic Quick Rolled Oats
- 2 Tablespoons ROAR Organic Chia Seeds
- 2 Tablespoon ROAR Organic Coconut Milk Powder
- ½ teaspoon Chantal Organics Rice Syrup
- 1 cup warm water + 2 Tablespoons
Optional base add-ins
- ½ grated pear (optional)
- 1 serving protein powder (with a little extra water)
- 1 serving collagen powder
For the top
- 1 Tablespoon ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated
- 1-2 Tablespoons ROAR Organic Nut Mix Activated
- ¼ teaspoon Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon
- 1 pear, sliced into matchsticks
- ¼ cup raspberries
- ¼ cup blueberries
- Combine the oats, chia seeds, water and coconut milk powder in a small bowl or jar and mix. Add an extra tablespoon of water overtop and let soak overnight in the fridge.
- To serve, top the oats with fresh berries, pear slices, activated seeds and nuts. Drizzle with a little extra rice syrup and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- This recipe serves two. You can also make the base in one container and dish half per person when serving the next morning.
Makes: 2 servings | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Set time: Overnight
Nutritional Information Per Serving *
- Servings: 2
- Calories: 399
- Total Fat: 15g
- Total Carbohydrate: 58g
- Net Carbohydrate: 44g
- Protein: 10g
- Sugar: 12g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.
Dietaries: Dairy Free
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|