For a guilt-free treat you can surprise loved ones with this Mother’s Day, these bite sized bounty bars are bound to be a new favourite.
Loaded with nourishing goodies like dragonfruit powder and Wild Strawberry Clean Lean Protein to bring together a beautiful pink hue, this healthy take on the beloved classic is here to satisfy when sweet cravings are calling. It’s also, of course, packed with coconut and droolworthy chocolate – the two essentials when making bounty bars.
Whether you’re keto, vegan, gluten-free or looking to cut back on refined sugar, this recipe is a suitable option for everyone – not to mention, it tastes incredible too. While they may be petite in size, these bars pack a protein punch to fuel busy days – making it perfect for lunchboxes, as an afternoon pick-me-up or as an after-dinner delight.
The hero ingredient: coconut
Bounty bars are certainly not the same without their hero ingredient, coconut. Using ingredients like shredded coconut, coconut oil and coconut milk, this tasty recipe ticks the box with flavour while being great for you too.
Rich in fibre, healthy fats and MCT, coconut adds a wonderful energy boost to your day while being highly nutritious. It’s also high in antioxidants and fatty acids. Not to mention, it’s extremely versatile. Whether it’s enjoyed in its full form, compressed into oil for easy cooking (think stirfries and curries – or desserts like our Raw Snickers Slice) or used in beauty products to nourish healthy hair and smooth skin, there’s much to love about coconut.
For a protein-punch: Wild Strawberry Clean Lean Protein
Free from gluten, dairy and soy, Nuzest Wild Strawberry Clean Lean Protein is suitable for many dietary requirements or if you’re simply wanting to try something new. Bump up your protein intake by pairing this delicious powder with your favourite smoothie or in a tasty treat like these bounty bar bites.
Low in carbs and fat, it’s an easy choice for balancing a healthy diet and is made from European golden pea protein. With a rich strawberry flavour, it’s a nourishing and oh-so delicious choice to satisfy your sweet tooth and fuel your day.
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 serving Wild Strawberry Clean Lean Protein
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 100ml coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp dragonfruit powder (you can find this at your local wholefood or bulk food store)
- 2 Tbsp xylitol
- Your favourite chocolate, melted (we used a sugar free dark chocolate)
- Shredded coconut
- Dragonfruit powder
- Add the coconut to a large bowl.
- Blend the coconut milk, melted coconut oil, Wild Strawberry Clean Lean Protein, dragonfruit powder and xylitol.
- Add the wet ingredients to the shredded coconut and mix well.
- Press into a baking tray or brownie tin (to your desired thickness) and place in the fridge for an hour or so. O
- nce the bars have set, remove them from the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Drizzle with chocolate and sprinkle with coconut and dragonfruit powder.
- If you want more chocolate, dip the entire bar into the chocolate to coat.
Time: 2 hours | Serves: 20- 30 bite sized bars
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|