Easy, no-knead dinner rolls that take 10 minutes to prep? Right this way. This flavourful, full of fibre goodness uses organic spelt flour, chia seeds and veggies like carrot and zucchini to nourish your day.
With the added bonus of activated seeds for extra crunch, enjoy these delicious buns fresh from the oven, or slathered in butter and layered with your favourite sandwich fillings - mmm.
Whether it’s a filling lunch idea, or a side dish to your dinner, this nutritious choice is sure to make its way onto regular rotation.
- 2 teaspoons active yeast
- 1.5 cups warm water
- 1 pinch of sugar
- 4 ½ cups Chantal Organics White Spelt Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2 Tablespoons ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated
- 1 Tablespoon Matakana Superfoods Raw Organic Chia Seeds
- Oats (for sprinkling on top)
- To activate the yeast, in a small bowl, combine warm water and a pinch of sugar. Sprinkle the yeast over the water and let it sit for about 10 minutes until it becomes frothy. This indicates that the yeast is active.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt. Make a well in the centre and pour in the activated yeast mixture, olive oil and grated vegetables. Stir the mixture with a spatula until a shaggy dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with a clean dampened tea towel and let the dough rise at room temperature for about 1-2 hours, or until it has doubled in size. You can also refrigerate the dough for an overnight rise or on the proof setting in your oven.
- When ready to make your buns, preheat your oven to 190°C with a baking tray in the oven as it preheats.
- Once the dough has risen, sprinkle with the seed mix, chia seeds and oats covering the entire surface.
- Using a large spoon scoop out 6-8 equal portions straight onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the buns are golden brown. Remove the buns from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving.
Makes: 6 buns | Prep time: 10 minutes | Rise time: 2 hours or overnight
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|