Healthy gifting this Valentine’s Day? Whether it's showing love for your whole family, a partner, a BFF or yourself, give their (or your) gut some love with these homemade gelatin gummies. Infused with tulsi tea and sweetened with honey, it’s a nourishing treat for their tastebuds and their tum too. Better yet, take ‘em to the next level by dipping them in your favourite choc – yum.
Did you know? This recipe calls for Radiance Organic Beetroot Powder – loaded with antioxidants and minerals – giving the gummies an added nutritional boost.
Tulsi for a soothed tum: Organic India’s Tulsi Sweet Rose Tea
If you’re a tea lover – you're likely already adding this tasty tea to your wishlist. Using a delightful blend of tulsi leaves, organic rose petals, chamomile and lemongrass, it’s a soothing choice to help calm an upset tum. It’s also certified organic and caffeine free.
A healthy gut this way: Nutra Organics Natural Gelatin
Whether you’re caring for your gut health or topping up your collagen intake, this gelatin powder is a treat for your insides. Loaded with feel-good benefits – like type I and type III form of collagen, the versatility of this easy pantry staple is sure to be appreciated. It’s also a superb addition to your favourite treats – like this one. Tasty gummies that help you feel good too? We’re here for it.
- 2 cups filtered water – divided
- ¼ cup Nutra Organics Natural Gelatin
- 3 tea bags Organic India Tulsi Sweet Rose Tea
- 1 teaspoon Radiance Organic Beetroot Powder
- 1 Tablespoon Biohoney's Manuka Honey MG100+
- Zest from one orange
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Brew 2 cups of Tulsi Sweet Rose Tea by adding 3 tea bags to a jug with 2 cups of boiling water. Cover and let steep for 10 minutes.
- Pour the hot tea into a mixing bowl and add the beetroot powder, gelatin powder, and honey. Vigorously whisk until the gelatin is fully dissolved. If desired, add a little orange zest or cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture into jelly moulds or a tray depending on your desired shape. Refrigerate to let it set.
- For a decadent touch, once fully set, dip the gummies into melted (and cooled) dark chocolate and set in the fridge before serving.
- Keep refrigerated - lasts for 3 days.
Makes: approx. 24 gummies | Prep time: 10 minutes | Set time: 30-60 minutes
|Explore all recipes →
|Top up your pantry →