Cool winter days call for cosying up at home and what better time to enjoy home baked treats fresh from the oven? You’re sure to love the wonderfully warming cinnamon spice flavours of these super quick, ‘one bowl’ spiced almond butter cookies.
Chantal Organics Cinnamon Spiced Almond Butter with Chia and Hemp makes for a deliciously chewy cookie base, while ROAR Activated Pecans and Walnuts deliver a satisfying crunch and ROAR Coconut Sugar adds a lovely caramel flavour.
Refined sugar, gluten and dairy-free, these cookies are delicious as morning or afternoon tea, or as a lunchbox treat.
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup Chantal cinnamon-spiced almond butter
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup pecans, chopped
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 175 °C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine egg, baking soda, cinnamon and vanilla paste. Mix in coconut sugar, almond butter and chopped nuts (reserving a few for the top).
- Scoop approximately one tablespoon of cookie dough and roll into a ball, place on prepared tray and gently press down with fingertips. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough.
- Top each cookie with additional chopped nuts and a sprinkle of sea salt.
- Place into the preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray before placing on a wire rack to cool complexly. The cookies will be slightly soft when first out of the oven.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Prep time: 5 minutes | Cook time: 12 minutes | Total time: 17 minutes
- Servings: 12
Amount per serve:
- Total Fat: 39g
- Total Carbohydrates: 10g
- Net Carbohydrates: 10g
- Protein: 5g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.