It that time of year where salads start to become a staple at the dinner table and summer BBQs. I don’t know about you, but I try to mix it up and toss together different fresh and seasonal greens to keep things interesting.
This salad has a bit of everything, crisp, tangy, sweet and salty with a rich creamy dressing.
- 2 cups fresh rocket leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 50g feta
- ½ green apple
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- ½ avocado
- 1 TB whole grain mustard
- 1 TB apple cider vinegar
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 TB water
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 small sprigs parsley
- Juice from ½ lemon
- In a large bowl toss rocket and spinach together
- Chop asparagus on thirds and heat a grill pan on high heat. Once hot grill asparagus for 5 minutes
- Thinly slice apple, chop cucumber and ½ avocado. Sprinkle over fresh leaves with cooked asparagus
- Crumble feta on top then sprinkle over pumpkin seeds and pomegranate
- To make the dressing; in a blender jar combine all ingredient until smooth
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving and enjoy.