At this time of year, we start to think about stocking the cupboards with those immune system helpers we rely on to ‘get us through’. If you've already come down with the sniffles, or you’re looking for some super supplements to stay well this winter, read on for some easy tips!
- Superfoods like bee pollen, cacao, matcha, and spirulina can boost up your daily intake of essential vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients that help a normal functioning immune system. These beauties can be added to smoothies, food, or consumed on their own.
- Moderate exercise and sunshine a few times each week can support a healthy immune response, as well as improving exposure to healthy sunlight for Vitamin D conversion. Exercise helps to move our lymph, a waste portal, around and out of the body.
- The good bacteria in our intestine play a vital role in supporting our immune system. Keeping their environment healthy with fibres from chia seeds and beetroot is beneficial.
- Having restful sleep is essential to a healthy immune system. Reduce light in the evening, especially blue light from devices so the normal hormone secretion can occur to help you get to sleep. Avoid coffee after three in the afternoon, switching to herbal tea instead. If you’re still struggling, try liposomal magnesium to support normal sleep patterns and calm the nervous system.
- The lauric acid naturally found in Coconut Oil can be eaten on a regular basis to support a normal immune response. The properties of this Medium Chain Fatty Acid assist normal white blood cell functioning. Coconut oil can be blended into smoothies or bliss balls, or just taken off the spoon.
- Keeping sugar to less than 6 teaspoons per day is vital to a robust immune system. Sugar depletes the action of the white blood cells, our key fighters of infections. Sugar is hidden in many processed foods, so choosing wholefoods is a better option. Coconut sugar has a lower glycaemic index (GI) than sugar and contains vitamins and minerals making it a healthier option for home baking.
- When ills and chills find their way to the chest, it can be hard to breathe and sleep. The BioBalance Herbal Chest Care can help relax and cleanse airways of mucous, while the antiseptic nature of the herbs supports to get you back up and running at full capacity quickly.
The BioBalance range of superfoods, herbal formulations and liposomal supplements help to support overall wellbeing so you can stay well this winter. Shop their full range on our secure online store now.