Oh no, if you’re struggling with the old 5+ A Day, then 10 + a Day is nigh on impossible. But read on, there is help at hand. But first, let’s see why we need those extra helpings of greens.
Why 10+ a Day Scores So Well
New worldwide research by the famous Imperial College of London found eye-opening health benefits when people increased their consumption of fruit and vegetables to 10 or more servings a day. This study wasn’t small by any means. It involved over 2 million people worldwide. The results revealed that eating up to 800g fruit and vegetables a day (which is a lot by anyone’s standards) is associated with some pretty impressive health gains.
The most impressive? A 31% reduction in premature death which equates out to something like 7.8 million premature deaths worldwide, that could be avoided if ate more fruit and greens.
How Well Do Kiwis Score?
Currently, many kiwis fall well short of even the current 5 + a day recommendation. In the 2015/2016 health survey, it showed only 40% of adults eat the recommended 5 + a day.
What's a Serving?
- ½ a cup of cooked vegetables (e.g. broccoli, cauliflower, pumpkin)
- Or ½ a cup of salad
- One medium sized apple, pear, banana or orange
- Or ½ a cup of fruit salad
An easy guide – one portion of fruit and veg fits into the palm of your hand.
5 Ways to get More Fruit and Vegetables in Your Day
- Make a plan. It’s a lot easier to hit your target when you have worked it out in advance. Boost your with evening meals with extra vegetables and if there are leftovers, you can use them for lunches, meals and snacks.
- Colours count! Each food colour gives a different range of nutrients. So mix it up – and try to use fewer of the more starchy kind. Yes, we know chips are vegetables.
- Buy vegetables and fruit that are in season. Not only are they fresher, they are cheaper too. Canned and frozen are still good for you.
- Dressings make vegetables more exciting! So splash it on – no one want to eat dry salads with no zest or fun. Just watch the sugar content in some of those dressing – best of all, make your own with simple olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Sneak them in! Your main dish is a great place to load up on veggies…aka hide them. So bulk up your curries, stir-fries, mince, etc with some extra healthy ingredients.
TAPS No: MR5732
Added Mojo is an easy to swallow 1-A Day wholefood multivitamin that provides 100% of your 12 recommended daily vitamins and 6 minerals from 10+ servings of fruit and vegetables. It contains no synthetic ingredients, flavourings or fillers.
Added Mojo vitamins and minerals are extracted from 7 fruit, 12 vegetables and Chlorella. The fruit and vegetables are selected from organic growers and tested for their nutritional content. Only the most nutritious produce is used. The vitamins and minerals are cold extracted and dried at low temperatures to maintain the integrity of their nutrients and health giving phytonutrients.
Shop Added Mojo on our secure online store.