Hopefully the seasonal ills and chills won’t come into your home this winter, but just in case, this homemade all-natural chest balm is good to have on hand for the airways!
Total time: 15 minutes
- 8g beeswax
- 2 TB almond oil
- 8 drops Manuka essential oil
- 8 drops Peppermint essential oil
- 8 drops Lavender essential oil
- 4 drops Thyme essential oil
- 4 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
- 4 drops Rosemary essential oil
- (Alternatively, you can use 12 drops of an appropriate essential oil blend)
1. Cut beeswax into small pieces and place in the bottom of a jar. Add the almond oil.
2. Fill a pot with boiling water, just enough to come 3/4 the way up your jar. Place the jar into the water and let the beeswax melt, stirring occasionally with a wooden popsicle stick.
3. Once combined with the almond oil, add in the essential oils and gently mix.
4. Set aside and let cool.
Rub a pea-sized amount into chest and upper back 2-3 times daily.
For external use only, not suitable in pregnancy or breastfeeding and children under 2 years of age. Patch test before use.
Shop online for our full range of essential oils, and essential oil blends.