Spruce up teatime with a delicious serving of this lemon and thyme loaf. With added collagen for inside-out goodness, this gluten-free treat makes for the perfect zingy mid-morning or afternoon pick me up.
Naturally sweetened by monk fruit, it’s also incredibly moist and bursting with lemon flavour. For an added bonus, I’ve added sugar-free lemon icing as well as a hint of thyme from our Artemis Lemon and Thyme Tonic. Yum!
Ready to take your mid-morning or afternoon tea time to the next level? Check out our growing range of teas and tonics.
Monk Fruit – The natural sweetener
Like the sound of a 100% natural sweetener with no calories? Monk fruit sweetener is wonderful for anyone cutting back on sugar, but still looking to enjoy the taste of something sweet.
You’ll be happy to know that monk fruit sweeteners can be enjoyed across a variety of food and drink options. From desserts like our Keto Black Sesame Cookies and White Chocolate Collagen ‘Pavlova’ Cheesecake, monk fruit sweeteners are adaptable in almost any dessert of choice. They also work great in condiments, herbal tea and homemade juices – yum!
What’s more, it’s diabetic-friendly and low carb – a simple yet healthy choice for the whole family to enjoy.
Collagen – For healthy hair, skin and nails
This abundant protein is responsible for supporting skin elasticity, bone health and joint health. As we age, our bodies produce less collagen – but thankfully, there are plenty of ways we can incorporate it back into our diet.
Collagen is made up of three amino acids:
- Glycine: found in protein-rich foods like turkey, lentils, soybeans and almonds
- Proline: found in foods like cheese, asparagus, beef and egg whites
- Hydroxyproline: found in bone broth, fish and alfafa sprouts.
You can also up your collagen intake with foods rich in vitamin C or zinc. My favourite is grapefruit, or nuts and seeds. Our Collagen Powders are another fantastic way of getting in your daily dose of collagen and work great in smoothies or dessert recipes like this one.
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ½ teaspoon Now Foods Monk Fruit Extract Organic Powder
- 3 servings(33g) Dose&Co Pure Collagen Unflavoured
- 180g butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 3-4 lemon slices
- ¼ cup Artemis Thyme Lemon Tonic
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon BioHoney Manuka Honey MG100+ (optional)
- 4 Tablespoons Sweetnz Icing Not Sugar
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- Fresh sprigs of thyme
- Lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 180 °C fan-bake and line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs, then add coconut, almond flour, collagen powder, monk fruit sweetener, and mix well using a rubber spatula.
- Add zest and juice from one lemon and mix again.
- Transfer loaf mix into the prepared loaf tin. Top with lemon slices.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and a skewer comes out clean.
- While the loaf is baking, make the syrup. Combine lemon juice, lemon and thyme syrup in a small pot along with honey (if using) and heat on low-medium heat.
- Once the loaf is cooked and while it is still hot, slowly spoon over the syrup a little at a time, letting it absorb into the loaf.
- To make the icing, combine the icing sugar and lemon juice into a smooth paste-like consistency, adding more lemon juice or icing sugar if needed. Once the loaf is cooled, brush or drizzle the icing over the loaf. Top with additional lemon zest and fresh sprigs of thyme.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Makes: 12 servings | Prep time: 10 minutes | Cook time: 20 minutes | Total time: 30 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving*
- Servings: 12
- Calories: 234
- Total Fat: 21g
- Total Carbohydrate: 11g
- Net Carbohydrate: 9g
- Protein: 4g
- Sugar: 2g