For a refreshing brekkie bowl to kickstart your morning, you’re sure to love this delicious and thick green smoothie bowl. Full of plant protein and energising greens, it’s a wonderful option for those with sensitive dietary requirements. Enjoy it first thing or as an afternoon pre/post workout snack.
For the smoothie portion of the recipe, the choice is yours: protein powder or collagen powder. Or better yet, add them both. Featuring my favourite Matakana Superfoods Supergreens and Natava Superfoods Organic Spirulina Powder, this dairy-free delight is packed with nutritionally dense foods such as organic kale, wakame and chlorella – a great boost of nutrition for your every day.
Your dose of daily greens
Considered one of the best nutritional options out there, supergreens are a powerful source of nutrients that fuel our bodies. Packed with alkalising properties that support the body to maintain a healthy pH balance, supergreens contain a rich source of vitamins and minerals – a great addition to any well-balanced diet.
Our Matakana Superfoods Supergreens powder is a convenient and easy way to give your daily diet a superfood boost. Add them to your favourite smoothie or sprinkle over your cereal of choice.
For the toppings
I’ve topped mine with a tasty oat crumb – packed with protein and perfect for waking up your tastebuds. Made using Go Good’s Pea Protein Isolate + Organic Vanilla, this crumb boasts an impressive amount of protein and BCAA, allowing you to feel fuller for longer. You can try the chocolate version of this protein powder in our Oaty Protein Bites – a quick, wholesome treat for busy days. Use any leftover crumb mixture for future smoothie bowls or enjoy it any time of the day as a filling snack idea.
As pineapples become more in-season, it’s an ideal time to share a summer-loving recipe that features this delicious tropical fruit. But you can top this bowl with any fruit of your liking. In addition to the banana and spinach, this green smoothie bowl is an all-rounder when it comes to putting a spring in your step this season.
- ½ cup Chantal Organics Organic Quick Rolled Oats
- ¼ cup Roar Organic Seed Mix Activated
- ¼ cup Go Good Pea Protein Isolate - Organic Vanilla Protein Powder
- ¼ cup Bio Balance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 1 Tablespoon Chantal Organics Rice Syrup
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple pieces
- 1 cup baby spinach (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon Natava Superfoods Organic Spirulina Powder
- 1 teaspoon Matakana Superfoods Supergreens
- 1 serving Go Good Pea Protein Isolate + Organic Vanilla or Two Islands Collagen Beauty Powder - Pineapple & Coconut
- ¼ - ½ cup water or your favourite plant milk
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a medium bowl combine all ingredients for the protein crumb and mix well. Spread in an even layer onto a lined baking tray and bake for 10-15 minutes until golden in colour, remove from oven and let cool.
- Add all the smoothie ingredients (except water/milk) to a high-speed blender. Start blending, slowly pouring in the water/milk a little at a time, ensuring the smoothie stays a nice thick consistency.
- Pour the green smoothie into a bowl, top with protein crumb, fresh pineapple, extra seeds, chia pudding and/or yoghurt. Enjoy.
Serves: 1-2 | Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 10 -15 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 206
- Total Fat: 16g
- Total Carbohydrate: 6g
- Net Carbohydrate: 5g
- Protein: 7g
- Sugar: 2g
- Servings: 1
- Calories: 149
- Total Fat: 1g
- Total Carbohydrate: 31g
- Net Carbohydrate: 27g
- Protein: 5g
- Sugar: 17g