You'll love this delicious twist on the classic ginger crunch from MK Foods – Medicinal Kai! It’s dairy free & optional gluten free, with Maca for energy & more. YUM!!
- 3 Tbsp BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp BioBalance Organic Coconut Sugar
- 8 pieces Crystallised ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Rolled oats (GF if needed)
- 1/2 cup Sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup Coconut (long thread or dessicated)
- 1/2 cup Spelt flour (or GF baking mix flour)
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tbsp BioBalance Certified Organic Maca Powder
- 1 cup dried dates (soaked in hot water for a couple of hours)
- 1 -1 1/2 Tbsp BioBalance Certified Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- Grease and line a 20 x 20cm tin or a loaf tin if you would like a thicker base.
- Prepare the dates for the icing.
- Put first four ingredients into a small pot and gently melt on stove top.
- Let it simmer a few minutes so the ginger flavour can infuse.
- Put the remaining dry ingredients into a bowl.
- Add melted ginger mix.
- Using the back of a spoon spread and smooth out the mixture.
- Cook at 180 degrees for approximately 15 minutes or until golden on top.
- When base is cool, drain water from dates and add all into a good blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Spread on base and leave plain or sprinkle with nuts and/or chopped ginger.
- Refrigerate until set.
* You can also substitute rolled oats for quinoa flakes, but add an extra tablespoon.
Visit MK Foods – Medicinal Kai on facebook for more information on mindful nutrition and nourishing recipes.
We’d Love Your Feedback
How did your Maca Ginger Crunch turn out?