Cook time: 1 hour
- 4 cups (1L) water
- 3/4 cup organic jaggery (or 1/2 cup honey/maple syrup/sugar)
- 1/4 cup Mister Chai Organic Loose Leaf Masala Chai
- 2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 4 Bosc pears
- Combine water, jaggery and ginger in a pot just big enough to hold the pears, and bring to the boil.
- Add the Masala Chai and stir to combine, then take off the heat, cover, and let steep for 5-10 mins.
- Strain the liquid and return it to the pan. Peel pears and core from the bottom (leave stems intact).
- Place pears in the pot and simmer gently in the liquid for 20-30 mins or until tender right through.
- Carefully remove pears and set aside. Bring the liquid back to the boil and cook, uncovered, around 15 mins or until reduced and slightly thickened. Return pears to liquid briefly to heat through.
- Serve warm with coconut yoghurt and chopped toasted hazelnuts.
Made this recipe? We would love to see your photos! Share them with us on Instagram @HealthPostNZ.