Ramen is a popular noodle soup in Japan, and for good reason – it’s like ‘comfort in a bowl’.
If you’re craving nourishing vegetables, this Veggie Ramen Bowl will hit the spot. Rich in umami flavour, and bursting with goodness (there are eleven nourishing veggies and herbs in the broth alone), we’ve swapped the noodles for zoodles (spiralized zucchini), replaced meat with tofu and added snow peas and spinach for extra green goodness. But the beauty of a ramen bowl is that you can really add whatever vegetables you have on hand. Bok choy and broccoli work beautifully too.
- 1 litre water
- Nutra Organics Vegetable Broth Miso Ramen
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 zucchinis, spiralised into ‘zoodles’
- handful of spinach
- handful of snow peas
- 300 g silken tofu, cut into cubes
- 100 g fresh assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 2 eggs
- 2 sprigs of spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 sheet of nori, cut into thick strips
- (optional) micro herbs to garnish
- Bring 500 ml of water to boil in a saucepan. Add broth, garlic, ginger and 1/2 tsp sesame oil, stir and simmer gently until required.
- Boil 500 ml of water then add eggs and cook for six minutes. Keep the water, remove the eggs and place in iced water to stop the cooking process. Peel eggs and set aside. Cut in half just before serving.
- In the same boiling water used for eggs, cook ‘zoodles’ for two minutes, drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile fry mushrooms in a pan until lightly caramelised and set aside.
- Divide zoodles between two bowls, pour over broth and top with remaining ingredients.