Chocolate, raspberries and shrooms are such a great combo in baking. Chocolate provides a dark and luscious antioxidant rich base while raspberry breaks through with tangy deliciousness while shrooms hover in the background supporting whole body wellness.
These three blend perfectly into this gorgeous and tasty slice. Like a well-balanced party full of beautiful characters in your mouth. So, not only beautiful in taste, this slice also is highly functional.
How pray tell? Well, it contains Misty Day's Shroom Potion which contains cacao, shrooms and herbs. Cacao provides all the benefits of the bliss inducing phytochemical anandamide, magnesium for calming the mind and a little bit of caffeine and theobromine to get you going.
Then the shrooms - chaga is highly antioxidant, supports a healthy immune system and for the esoteric amongst us is supposed to open the third eye. Lions Mane is thought support the bodies production of nerve growth factor which is involved in the development, maintenance and restoration of the nervous system. So this means good things for memory, cognition and for mood as well. Shroom Potion blend also includes gotu kola and peppermint which support healthy focus and a cool, calm and collected outlook.
Raspberries are added because they are just delicious and eating delicious things is pretty excellent for the taste buds and the spirit.
- 1 cup of almonds
- 1 cup of dates
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder (optional)
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup of coconut cream
- 4 teaspoons of pure maple syrup
- 2 heaped tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons Misty Day Plant Potions Shroom Potion
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 cup raspberries crushed and heated slightly until liquidy
- To make the base: Blitz the nuts until bread crumb like then add in the dates and pulse until combined. Press into a lined small tin.
- To make the Shroom Filling: Blitz the nuts until like dust. Add in the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Pour over top of the base and freeze for at least 45 minutes.
- To make the raspberry topping: Put the raspberries into a tiny saucepan and heat until they break down. Pour over top of other layers and refreeze.
- To serve: Cut into pieces and serve straight from the freezer with grated chocolate on top!
Recipe & photography by Misty Day Plant Potions.