Gut-supporting superstar gelatin steals the spotlight in this delicious and simple recipe. With only five ingredients, these gummies are easy to prepare and delightful on your tastebuds. By combining Two Islands Happy Gut and Nutra Organics Natural Gelatin, we’re creating a tasty treat our tummies are sure to love.
Gelatin provides the amino acids our body needs to produce collagen in a digestible form. It’s made up almost entirely of protein and is superb for making delicious treats like jellies and sauces. It’s also perfect for thickening stocks and soups during colder months.
For a hint of spice, I’ve added in Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon – great for adding to baking or sprinkled over your morning porridge.
While I’ve used heart shaped molds, you can use cookie cutters, cut the gummies into squares or use whichever molds you have on hand. For a fun activity in the kitchen, be sure to get your little ones involved!
For a touch of sweetness: Chantal Organics Apple Syrup
Made from nothing but organic New Zealand apples, this tasty syrup provides a delicious, refined sugar-free sweetness to any recipe. It’s a great addition to baking or raw treats, drizzled over chia puddings, or in soda water as a refreshing spritzer.
If you’re looking to switch up the sweetness in this recipe, monk fruit sweetener or maple syrup make wonderful substitutes.
For overall wellness: Two Islands Happy Gut
This recipe is a fun and different way to have your daily dose of Two Islands Happy Gut, with the added goodness of gelatine, all wrapped in one delicious gummy.
With the taste of spiced apple pie, this glorious powder combines glutamine with herbs slippery elm, chamomile and ginger to help soothe and support. Formulated with organic ingredients that are GMO-free and New Zealand made, it’s a superb choice for everyone. Add it to your favourite smoothie, mixed in water or give it a go in this delicious recipe!
- 3 Tablespoons Nutra Organics Natural Gelatin
- 2 ¼ cups organic 100% apple juice
- 2 Tablespoons Chantal Organics Apple Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons Two Islands Happy Gut
- ¼ teaspoon Ceres Organics Ground Cinnamon
- Bloom gelatin by adding the gelatin powder to 1 cup of apple juice, stir to combine and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring the remaining apple juice to a gentle simmer in a medium pot along with the apple syrup and cinnamon. Remove from the heat, add the bloomed gelatin and happy gut powder then whisk until well incorporated.
- Spoon or pour the mixture into your favourite moulds and refrigerate until set.
- Keep gummies refrigerated and consume within 10 days.
Makes: Approx. 30 gummies | Prep Time: 15 minutes | Set Time: 30-60 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving*
- Servings: 1 gummy = 1 serving (for a gut-loving boost of goodness, feel free to have a handful)
- Calories: 22
- Total Fat: 0g
- Total Carbohydrate: 3g
- Net Carbohydrate: 0g
- Protein: 3g
- Sugar: 3g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|