For a comforting option these cooler months, this immune-loving mushroom soup is sure to win your tick of approval. Made without dairy, I’ve added cashews nuts to give this soup a super creamy and satisfying texture.
Featuring star ingredients Matakana Superfoods Reishi Mushroom Organic Powder, Omeganz Olive Oil and Nutra Organics Chicken Broth Homestyle Mushroom, nourish your insides with this flavorsome meal idea.
For a hit of umami, I’ve seasoned this warming meal with mushrooms, savoury yeast flakes and tamari soy sauce. I’ve also topped it with spring onion, parsley, activated seeds and a drizzle of hemp seed oil. If you like, enjoy it served with our Super Seed Keto Loaf – or any other bread of choice.
For natural Vitamin D: Nutra Organics Chicken Broth Homestyle Mushroom
Broths and stocks are a pantry essential for households and can be enjoyed across a range of delicious recipes. On top of being fantastic for switching up flavour in many recipes, it’s a nourishing option for fueling your body.
Made with Australian free range chicken bones, shiitake and maitake mushrooms and other wholesome ingredients, Nutra Organics Chicken Broth Homestyle Mushroom is a nutritious choice for soups, stews and gravies.
Why we love it:
- Healthy Shiitake & Maitake mushrooms
- Natural source of B Vitamins
- Paleo & keto friendly
- Contains less sodium compared to liquid broth concentrates
For ultimate ‘shroom support: Matakana Superfoods Reishi Mushroom Organic Powder
Reishi is a Functional Mushroom known for its support on our immune health. Made into a powder, Reishi can be enjoyed in your favourite hot or cold drink, in desserts like our Raw Afghans with Reishi and Chaga Mushroom Powder, or in soups (like this one!).
- 1 cup Ceres Organics Organic Cashews Whole Raw
- 10 large Portobello mushrooms
- 1 leek
- 1 white onion
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 1 Tablespoon Omeganz Olive Oil
- 6 sprigs thyme leaves
- 3 cups boiling water
- 2 Tablespoons Nutra Organics Chicken Broth Homestyle Mushroom
- 1-2 teaspoons Matakana Superfoods Reishi Mushroom Organic Powder
- 2 teaspoons Lotus Savoury Yeast Flakes
- Salt and pepper
Umami Mushroom Topper
- 10 button mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon Omeganz Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chantal Organics Organic Tamari Soy Sauce
- 2 sprigs thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon BioHoney Manuka Honey MG100+
- Spring onion, sliced
- Parsley, chopped
- ROAR Organic Seed Mix Activated
- Lotus Savoury Yeast Flakes
- New Hemisphere Garlic Flavoured Hemp Seed Oil
- In a small bowl or dish, cover the cashew nuts with boiled water and set aside to soften.
- Meanwhile, to make the umami mushroom topper, peel and slice the button mushrooms. Heat a pot on medium heat with a drizzle of oil. Add the mushrooms, tamari, thyme leaves and honey. Cook until mushrooms have softened and caramelized. Set aside ready for serving.
- To make the soup, peel and slice the Portobello mushrooms and roughly chop the leek and onion.
- To a large pot, add the chopped leek, onion and crushed garlic, along with butter. Sauté for about 10 minutes until the leek has turned translucent. Then add the sliced mushrooms, thyme leaves and season with salt and pepper. Cook for a further 10 minutes until mushrooms have browned and softened.
- Add the boiling water and broth powder to the pot. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook covered for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add in the Reishi mushroom powder, drained cashew nuts and savoury yeast flakes. Using a stick blender, blend the soup until smooth and creamy.
- Top with mushrooms, assorted accompaniments and a drizzle of hemp seed oil - and enjoy with a slice of your favourite toasted bread on the side.
Makes: 4 | Total Time: 40 minutes
Nutritional Information Per Serving *
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 303
- Total Fat: 17g
- Total Carbohydrate: 29g
- Net Carbohydrate: 21g
- Protein: 16g
- Sugar: 6g
*Nutritional information is based on approximate calculations by My Fitness Pal.
Dietaries: Refined Sugar Free
|Explore all recipes →||Top up your pantry →|